Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Mack does not suddenly make the Bears a team that's getting to 9 wins.  Lots of you are going to look really really silly in five short months.  

No, but it gives them a top 3 front 7 in the NFL.  They legit could have the best D in the league next year.  That plus Trubisky with a much better offensive system, improved weapons, and solid OL makes them a legit threat.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Mack does not suddenly make the Bears a team that's getting to 9 wins.  Lots of you are going to look really really silly in five short months.

I'm not going there. I'm not picking anybody's win totals. All I've been saying is they have personnel across the DL/LB group thats gonna give them a lot of options when it comes to rushing the passer. They've definitely improved in that area.

1 minute ago, WaitWhat said:

In a stacked NFC, they aren’t even a playoff team. Pack, Eagles, Vikings, Rams, Falcons, Cowboys (possibly)...at best, I’d POSSIBLY put the Bears right there with Dallas but that’s it. 

and prior to last season you would have said the Rams and Eagles were not playoff teams, so what's your point? 

How this trade pans out really depends on how the teams do in 2019.

If the Raiders are a playoff team, and the Bears still suck, then there won't be much difference between the Raiders second and the Bears third.  Then the Raiders make out like Bandits.

Likewise, if the Bears make the Playoffs and the Raiders suck, then this is a good deal for the Bears.

I have to think it is the former, cuz that is what the Bears do.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Who is more talented right now, Bears in 2018 with Trubisky or Raiders in 2017 with Carr?

2017 Raiders won 6 games with Mack.

Bears probably won't get two more wins than that.

No one knows as the Eagles just proved. But it all hinges on Trusbisky. If he becomes Wentz, look out, if he's 2017 Carr, probably no big jump for Chicago 

I feel like a good part of why the Raiders preferred to trade him to the Bears was that it's much more sensible to bet against Mitchell Trubisky than on some of the other options on the table (e.g. Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees.)

Since the Raiders are essentially betting that the Bears do not have a franchise quarterback.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Who is more talented right now, Bears in 2018 with Trubisky or Raiders in 2017 with Carr?

I feel the 2018 Bears are significantly more talented than the 2017 Raiders though

Prior to this Mack deal, I figured Chicago was a 7-8 win team that'll be annoying to face.

Lol.  Bears aren't sniffing the playoffs.  This isn't Mike Tomlin inheriting the Steelers.  This is Matt Nagy inheriting the three years bad Bears with three years of bad drafts.

Everybody here is so hilarious.  Bears are starting the season 0-2 before Mack can even be effective.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like a good part of why the Raiders preferred to trade him to the Bears was that it's much more sensible to bet against Mitchell Trubisky than on some of the other options on the table (e.g. Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees.) Since the Raiders are essentially betting that the Bears do not have a franchise quarterback.

All I'll say is this transaction should KILL any more discussion about what good buddies McKenzie and the GB FO are.
He traded with our sacred enemy.

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I feel like a good part of why the Raiders preferred to trade him to the Bears was that it's much more sensible to bet against Mitchell Trubisky than on some of the other options on the table (e.g. Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees.)

Since the Raiders are essentially betting that the Bears do not have a franchise quarterback.

I seriously doubt the Raider cared about any of that.  They maybe wanted him out of the conference, but after that, it was all about the best offer.

8 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Bears by a mile, especially on defense. Raiders roster outside of Mack has been overrated for years. 

Trubisky probably sucks but if he doesn’t they are going to be tough. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol.  Bears aren't sniffing the playoffs.  This isn't Mike Tomlin inheriting the Steelers.  This is Matt Nagy inheriting the three years bad Bears with three years of bad drafts.

Everybody here is so hilarious.  Bears are starting the season 0-2 before Mack can even be effective.

I don't think anybody here is thinking the Bears are making the playoffs THIS season. Just pointing out they are on an upward trajectory

Archived