Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

GB fans putting a lot of faith in the "Trubisky sucks" basket.  If Trubisky is anything resembling competent, CHI is a very legit team.

I tend to agree. Cant say I'm up to speed on all their offensive additions - Miller and whoever that other FA WR they signed is - but they'll have speed across the defensive front. I think that much is certain.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I tend to agree. Cant say I'm up to speed on all their offensive additions - Miller and whoever that other FA WR they signed is - but they'll have speed across the defensive front. I think that much is certain.

I figure the theory is that there's a track record of teams being legitimate contenders with if you pair adequate offense with unreal defense, so if you can accomplish the latter, then you don't really need more at QB than a game manager who doesn't turn the ball over.

Just now, deltarich87 said:

judging by the trade, seems pretty likely GB didn't offer both 1st rd picks but likely only 1. I'd have pulled the trigger on trading both 1sts tbh

Same here. I was fine passing when I heard it was just Mack for 2 1sts and a player, I'd offer 2 1sts, and a 3rd for Mack and a 2 all day. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Same here. I was fine passing when I heard it was just Mack for 2 1sts and a player, I'd offer 2 1sts, and a 3rd for Mack and a 2 all day. 

Esp considering that OAK RD2 pick may be quite high if/when the Gruden experience goes to hell for da Raiders.

7 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

judging by the trade, seems pretty likely GB didn't offer both 1st rd picks but likely only 1. I'd have pulled the trigger on trading both 1sts tbh

Basically when you do the math on the trade, Packers offering just the 2 1st rounders gets us Mack.

Those picks next year just became the most scrutinized draft picks probably in Gute's entire career as GM. 

28 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

So the question I have is- "How close do the Bears think they are to a superbowl?"

Since in the next two years the Bears have 3 picks in the days of the draft that provide meaningful difference makers, and assuredly paying Mack is going to make it harder to pay high end FAs.  I know that the best way in the NFL to secure a championship is "hit on a QB while he's young and cheap and use the money you save on other guys" but even after Mack it's  not unlikely they are still a few pieces away, and it's now going to be very hard to get those pieces.

In a stacked NFC, they aren’t even a playoff team. Pack, Eagles, Vikings, Rams, Falcons, Cowboys (possibly)...at best, I’d POSSIBLY put the Bears right there with Dallas but that’s it. 

Then you also have Carolina, Niners (possibly, if things go well and potential drop off from one of the certain teams), Seahawks all vying for that fifth or sixth seed. 

Archived