Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

He's already given up over $2 million so far. There's no guarantee he's going to cave.

$2 million is not a lot to a multi millionaire. I can't see him giving up 30+million sitting out 3 years with the franchise tags.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Today I was told it's Madden think he costs two firsts. I tried it, not kidding, then added Adams. Still denied. Madden ftw

Just go to settings and turn off the reality setting. That's what hard core football fans do.

(I've never owned any console)

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

He's already given up over $2 million so far. There's no guarantee he's going to cave.

Also if he gets the new contract, the reality is he's given up absolutely nothing... as the whole "given up" argument only works under the current contract.

His group is simply betting they they're going to get a new contract and his group is probably right, just like Raiders OT Donald Penn did last year... the main question is how long does it take to get it completed.

Essentially every time a player in the NFL holds out then eventually comes in, the agreement reached between the player and the team involves waiving the fines that the team levied against the player for not showing up.  So the $2m only matters if Mack literally never plays football again, but in that case he's not seeing any of the rest of his money either.  So it's pretty meaningless.

I have been reading this thread for entertainment since it started and finally decided I’d comment on it. 

First of all if I thought my team was one player away from a Super Bowl and I believed that guy was Mack I would make the deal. I would do it while moving clay inside next to Martinez. Next season I would approach both perry and Mathews with restructure/contract offers if one bites the other is gone. This is all no big deal if the Super Bowl is brought back home. The financial implication is more than I care to understand really but aside from that I think this works however the cost of losing two firsts is astronomical to me.

2 hours ago, Reaper said:

I have been reading this thread for entertainment since it started and finally decided I’d comment on it. 

First of all if I thought my team was one player away from a Super Bowl and I believed that guy was Mack I would make the deal. I would do it while moving clay inside next to Martinez. Next season I would approach both perry and Mathews with restructure/contract offers if one bites the other is gone. This is all no big deal if the Super Bowl is brought back home. The financial implication is more than I care to understand really but aside from that I think this works however the cost of losing two firsts is astronomical to me.

I misread your post at first but that's a great idea.

8 hours ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I'm a multi-thousandaire and $2 thousand still seems like a lot to me

It's a lot to you because being a multi-thousandaire you still have a mortgage car payments and kids tuition. Mack is a superstar athlete and we all know those guys make an absurd amount of money.  With just the earnings on his rookie deal he can recoup the $2 million just being a smart investor, that's a nice tax write off for the top tier athletes. The Jerret Bushes of the world would agree with you.

13 hours ago, St Vince said:

$2 million is not a lot to a multi millionaire. I can't see him giving up 30+million sitting out 3 years with the franchise tags.

2M may not be a lot of money to Bill Gates, but I am quite sure 2M is a lot of money to Khalil Mack

17 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

2M may not be a lot of money to Bill Gates, but I am quite sure 2M is a lot of money to Khalil Mack

2M is a lot for fringe athletes not superstar athletes. Heck Woodson donated 2M to a children's hospital in 2009. Lance Kendricks couldn't afford to do that. Mack knows his worth and knows he's about to break the bank either in a Raider uniform or another.

Lol at the current discussion.  Mack's estimated net worth right now is 9.6 million dollars, and if anybody is about to let 2 million dollars go to make a point, I'm not sure that's the type of mind that I want on this team. 

Archived