Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

31 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

This weekend will be the time Mack will show if he's bluffing or not. If Tuesday after Labor Day comes and he doesn't report it's Oakland's move.

Interesting that an un-named scout from Oakland calls him "replaceable" in the article. Wonder if they're getting in the mindset of moving on in Oakland.

When this first started I thought there was at best 5% chance he left Oakland. That number has really grown for me. I don't think they have any plan to offer him a new deal, otherwise why wouldn't they have by now??

After the performance of the Raiders D-line on Friday, Mack's value to the Raiders had to drop.  Arden Key was in the QBs face on what seemed like every snap.  They tallied 5 sacks and seemed to get pressures on nearly every drop back.  Mack is losing leverage with every snap he misses.  

Just now, eyecatcher said:

After the performance of the Raiders D-line on Friday, Mack's value to the Raiders had to drop.  Arden Key was in the QBs face on what seemed like every snap.  They tallied 5 sacks and seemed to get pressures on nearly every drop back.  Mack is losing leverage with every snap he misses.  

Only if the Raiders are dumb enough to think their edge guys' performances mean much given who we had at OT. Let's hope they are!

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't think they have any plan to offer him a new deal, otherwise why wouldn't they have by now??

Who knows ? We're just throwing darts in terms of negotiating tactics and what's really going on behind the scenes. When Gruden said to a reporter that "Mack is the best defensive player in the league" - is he stroking Mack as the Raider's HC or is he pimping Mack's trade value to others ?

IF/ When they grant Mack and his agent the chance to visit other teams - that will be an interesting turn of events.

Also noted: High-end limo drivers are typically forbidden from discussing their clients and their whereabouts. Its a security risk, they can lose their job for sharing that info.  Blabbermouth Limo Inc. ? lol

Just wait for the billow of white smoke rising from Lambeau - then we'll know.

26 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

LOL that had more to do of the Murphy affect than anything. Howie Long could've come out of retirement and did he same thing that night.

31 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Only if the Raiders are dumb enough to think their edge guys' performances mean much given who we had at OT. Let's hope they are!

Gute playing 3D Chess telling his Oline to be terrible and make Gruden think his pass rush is elite. 

2 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Gute playing 3D Chess telling his Oline to be terrible and make Gruden think his pass rush is elite. 

Probably told Murphy to take one for the team, give up 4 sacks and we'll just blame it on your "ankle injury" after the game. Smart. 

I was formerly on the "Go get Mack" train, but our offensive line depth is so thin that we actually need both of our first round draft picks next year - if not to select two offensive juggernauts, then at least one, and a stud edge guy. 

Have a nice life, Mack, and stay the F*** out of our division please!

I definitely believe we will be adding a starting caliber pass rusher before the season starts based on Gute's words, McCarthy's words and even Clay's words.  I just don't think it's gonna be Mack.

Fowler is a candidate.  So is Houston.  

11 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I definitely believe we will be adding a starting caliber pass rusher before the season starts based on Gute's words, McCarthy's words and even Clay's words.  I just don't think it's gonna be Mack.

Fowler is a candidate.  So is Houston.  

I hope we do. Doesn't even need to be starting caliber. An NFL caliber 3rd edge who can rotate would make me happy

Just now, JBURGE said:

I hope we do. Doesn't even need to be starting caliber. An NFL caliber 3rd edge who can rotate would make me happy

I don't think that's enough, and I think Gute knows that.  It's one thing to have faith in Matthews and Perry as our starters.  I have faith in Matthews and Perry as our starters.  It's another thing to have faith in Matthews and Perry being our starters for 16 games and into the playoffs.  I do not have that faith. 

We need a player capable of being a starter. 

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

Yes. 

I still have a hard time believing Oakland is gonna trade away a guy like this.  Good pass rushers don't grow on trees.

Seems clear that Oak may not want to spend the money it takes though. I would think the same they want to keep him but at the same time only if they can afford it without hurting the bottom line for years to come. He's the cheapest to resign for Oak then any other team considering everyone else would have to pony up picks, players and a contract. I would think only a team that has a ton of cap and pics would even be interested especially one with a cheap QB. Browns, AZ, Buff who else is in a good QB position? Heck maybe even Jax trade picks and Folwer JR would make sense for them.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:
2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I don't think that's enough, and I think Gute knows that.  It's one thing to have faith in Matthews and Perry as our starters.  I have faith in Matthews and Perry as our starters.  It's another thing to have faith in Matthews and Perry being our starters for 16 games and into the playoffs.  I do not have that faith. 

We need a player capable of being a starter. 

I mean, sure. As long as the Rodgers extension happens so we know what $$ we're working with. 

Archived