Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

If this happens I will say TT needs to get some credit for making this a financial possibility, even if its partly due to poor drafting, with little capital to boot, in recent years.

The Sitton/Lang moves, letting Hyde and Hayward walk, were all probably tough pills to swallow, but Mack could make them look like some happy drugs in hindsight...  

4 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

If this happens I will say TT needs to get some credit for making this a financial possibility, even if its partly due to poor drafting, with little capital to boot, in recent years.

The Sitton/Lang moves, letting Hyde and Hayward walk, were all probably tough pills to swallow, but Mack could make them look like some happy drugs in hindsight...  

What would this team look like if he still had Hayward and Hyde? Would we even need Mack?

That Front 7 might be the best in the league if it goes down as well. Mack wilkerson Clark Daniels Perry is probably better than Miller Wolfe Williams Jackson Ware, even if they probably had a better overall D, and they won with Manning throwing ducks beyond 5 yards. 

1 minute ago, Siman08/OH said:

What would this team look like if he still had Hayward and Hyde? Would we even need Mack?

Hayward makes us better for sure, but definitely don't think we need/would/could've kept both. Hyde is one of those guys that market value is above his actual value I think, even if that sounds pretty stupid when I think about it.

6 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

I was just going to say...

But. We'd still want him. Be honest lol 

We'd just need to clear more cap down the line!

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

I was just going to say...

But. We'd still want him. Be honest lol 

We'd just need to clear more cap down the line!

Be honest TT would have just drafted Harrell clones, and at least one of Hayward/Hyde would have had a career threatening injury, because TT cut their brakes and they hit a wall or something.

Plus we'd still probably have Dom and we all know he sux. 

12 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

Mathews, (2018) 1st (From Saints), 2nd, 6th (from Seahawks) (2019) 1st, 3rd (2020) 2nd?  

2 1sts 2 2nds a 3rd and a 6th (with only 1 st and 2nds and 3rd being original capital).

Not happening. No way they give up 2 1sts AND 2 2nds and more.

13 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

Mathews, (2018) 1st (From Saints), 2nd, 6th (from Seahawks) (2019) 1st, 3rd (2020) 2nd?  

2 1sts 2 2nds a 3rd and a 6th (with only 1 st and 2nds and 3rd being original capital).

To me that's just not worth it on top of opening the door to having to pay a single D player that much money. I'd prefer to put that off for a bit as our highest defensive players is making half of what Mack wants.

Mack may be a great player but dam he's just not worth all the possibilities of what those picks could be plus the new picks.

Great D is more than just one player ask Denver last year.

11 minutes ago, oldmansmell said:

I don't think that does it. Future picks are valued less, so the sum total of that is probably equivalent to the value of the Jets' 2019 1st and I'm betting the Jets offered at least that in the deal that was rumored to have been declined by OAK. 

Archived