Preseason WEEK 1, GDT vs Tennessee

squire12

22 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

This is local only NBC it sounds like? Who knows where/how to watch it?

Purchase a Sling Box and have someone in eastern Wisconsin set it up with their cable box.  My BIL has ours set up in Green Bay and we can now get every game slinged to our TV down in FL with a  Roku or a Fire TV stick.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slingbox

http://www.slingbox.com/

In defense of Bell, the holding penalty is more on Kizer than him.  Kizer bailed on a perfectly clean pocket, and left Bell in a tough spot.  That said, the INT from Hundley was Bell's fault.  I don't believe that there is a QB alive that doesn't have the same result on that play.  

20 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I'll be watching to see if Kumerow breaks all Jeff Janis' GOAT preseason WR records.

On defense I'm excited to see the young ILBs, man I hope one of them is good.

The reason Kumerow looks good is because he's been on 2 other teams' practice squads.  

12 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

In defense of Bell, the holding penalty is more on Kizer than him.  Kizer bailed on a perfectly clean pocket, and left Bell in a tough spot.  That said, the INT from Hundley was Bell's fault.  I don't believe that there is a QB alive that doesn't have the same result on that play.  

Only gripe I had with Kizer. He left the pocket way too early and he hadn't even gotten sacked yet. Got to site in there,step up, and make the throw. Make things really hard on the O line when you bail on every play. That said the O line especially in the first half was awful. 

13 hours ago, Joe said:

I was one of Rollins' defenders and thought he could turn it around and/or show some value. Tonight's game just flipped me.

He wasn't a speed demon before his Achilles injury so he is really a liability now.  His chances of making the final roster are damn slim.

10 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That is what we are going to have to live with, with Moore.  He will make more plays than he did tonight.  But you will have times when you are screaming at the TV because J'Mon dropped it again.

In all honesty besides his 4th quarter drop all of those were tough tough balls to catch. Although an NFL WR needs to haul some of those in. 

36 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Can't say I agree with you on Kizer's stock dropping. He had some nice plays. That deep ball to MVS on the run was impressive.

I don't know if I'd call Scott's first kick a "stinker". You'd think he was going to hang time there and didn't quite get all that he wanted.

I think some of us thought that Kizer was ahead of Hundley, but IMO, Hundley had a better game then Kizer.  Not by much.  Maybe we expected to much out of Kizer.

11 hours ago, squire12 said:

Does Boyle look better than Hundley?   Realize it is against different competition from 1st half to 4th quarter.  

I'd like to see Boyle against better competition before declaring he is better than Hundley but I liked what I saw last night.

47 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Can't say I agree with you on Kizer's stock dropping. He had some nice plays. That deep ball to MVS on the run was impressive.

I don't know if I'd call Scott's first kick a "stinker". You'd think he was going to hang time there and didn't quite get all that he wanted.

Yeah, Kizer was not that bad, and that was a heck of a throw. But I think he was clearly outplayed by Hundley. I stand by my comment on the 31-yard punt. That's a terrible punt no matter how you slice it. 

17 minutes ago, Pugger said:

He wasn't a speed demon before his Achilles injury so he is really a liability now.  His chances of making the final roster are damn slim.

In Rollins' defense, he not only lacked the speed (even before the achilles injury) to play outside but the quickness to play the slot and the football instincts to play anywhere.

The camp moves to S and or ILB/S were a last, desperate attempt to salvage something out of this former 2nd rounder. 

With the guy who drafted them gone, the careers of both Rollins and Goodson, two basketball players masquerading as Packer CBs the past 7 years combined, will likely come to an end here in a few weeks. 

38 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

In all honesty besides his 4th quarter drop all of those were tough tough balls to catch. Although an NFL WR needs to haul some of those in. 

Looked like hands were in there on the early couple to me. 

Think Kizer has more zip than Hundley.  I kinda hope that by end of camp, Kizer shows enough to make the team.  Put Boyle on PS.  

Hundley may be better positioned on the anti-awful spectrum today; but he's been around for years, and I don't see a lot of potential, either with his arm or his decision-making.   Can't view him as a developmental guy anymore.  

Kizer may end up no better.  But because he's younger and newer and stronger-armed, I think there is more potential to get better over time.  So I'm just ready to turn the page and take a new shot with a new developmental guy. 

Archived