Wilson vs Ben, who will have a better career ultimately?

patriotsheatyan

1 hour ago, game3525 said:

Ben.

It is going to be interesting to watch Wilson's career unfold as he starts to age, because guys like him tend to age poorly in the NFL. 

Eh, I think Wilson can transition into a pocket passer as he ages ala McNabb.

5 hours ago, rocky_rams said:

Wilson. Wilson is one of the most underrated QBs of all time.  He almost never seems to get enough credit. 

Wilson has also done more with a lot less on offense than Ben

It could easily be said Antonio Brown's success is partly due to Big Ben's skill set. And the 2008 World Champs had a mediocre offensive line, ranked 23rd in rushing yards, and Hines Ward was hobbled by injury in SB 43. Ben's a future HOF lock, Wilson has much work ahead to reach that level.

It's hard to argue the team success that Roethlisberger has enjoyed during his time in Pittsburgh. Not to mention the talent he's been surrounded with has been pretty extraordinary when compared with Wilson.

That being said, it depends on what happens with Wilson as he progresses. He's naturally going to lose his athleticism and speed as time goes on, but he's already one of the most effective pocket passers in the NFL. If Seattle somehow, someway gets him a competent OL sometime in the future I think Wilson will absolutely surpass Ben's career for accomplishments - and actually I think he's already encroaching on them.

Wilson is probably the most underrated QB in the NFL. Never really talked about being top 5, never really talked about being "the guy", but the stats and play he's putting up with what's around him is ridiculous - not to mention the team success he's had from 2012 - 2015.

This debate is slighted in Ben’s favor. Not only because Ben’s career has largely been established already and Wilson has to go define his, but you’re also rolling the dice on whether or not the talent around Wilson swings in a major way. 

Ben has had some really, really good defenses around him. So has Russell. But Ben also became a very good QB surrounded by elite weapons and a very good offensive line. Not sure Wilson ever enjoys that cast offensively. 

For those reasons, I’d lean Ben. I think if you told me Wilson will have similar casts and coaching to Roethlisberger, I’d pick him. 

Russell has a much better chance of winning individual awards considering his entire career isn't going to be played with Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and Peyton Manning.

Also Russell was definitely in the conversation in 2015 for one of the best QBs based off the last 7 games which he had a 24:1 TD:INT ratio.

Ben has had the better career and if he wins another SB/makes another one it's pretty much decided.

Wilson had a good start and is still a fantastic QB but the seahawks have given him so little to work with it's amazing. The seahawks are trending down and I wouldn't be shocked if they pull a Saints and just regress to the point where Wilson can only do so much.

Archived