EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

On 12/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, packerstk7 said:

Please no. He’s the anti Jesus. I’d rather play Eddie until Jesus comes back than sign Ronaldo. I hope we just go for a versatile attacker like Felix or Mudryk that would also be useful once Jesus comes back and doesn’t completely change the way we play.

He was also giving so much love to Arsenal because Ronaldo is, if nothing else, ever the glory-hunter.  He doesn't fit the system that has given Arsenal so much success of late and in fact is antithetical to is because he bottle-necks the attack.

19 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Mudryk posted on his IG a video of him watching the game. 

To be fair, that's how a lot of us had to watch the match yesterday... because Pub Pass kept having technical issues in broadcast so, at least at the pub I was at, most of us broke out our phones and were watching on Peacock on there.

14 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

To be fair, that's how a lot of us had to watch the match yesterday... because Pub Pass kept having technical issues in broadcast so, at least at the pub I was at, most of us broke out our phones and were watching on Peacock on there.

Fair but Arsenal makes a bid for Mudryk and hours later watching the game and posting it. Seems like a clear indication that he wants in. 

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Fair but Arsenal makes a bid for Mudryk and hours later watching the game and posting it. Seems like a clear indication that he wants in. 

Yeah, it's going to be interesting.  He's not currently remotely worth the sum Shaktar are asking.  That said, Ben White wasn't - at the time - viewed as fitting the valuation paid for him (which factored in a notable domestic tax), but has since risen to make a strong case that if he were sold today he'd, at minimum, be a break-even candidate.  Shaktar's logic for hyper-inflating the asking price over what the discussions were between them and a certain (currently mid-table) PL club back in the summer which was closer to a 25m figure.  They're arguing that because United and City overpaid for Antony and Grealish, respectfully, that we should do the same for Mudryk because we're in the same league.

I'm kind of hoping Mykhailo hands in a transfer request just to up the drama and kneecap Shaktar's leverage, but honestly until we have any knowledge of the "other clubs" they insist have interest (or if that interest ever even materializes to a bid), we have no way of knowing how much actual leverage Shaktar have versus what they're posturing like they've got.

Mudryk is out and out twerking for Arsenal and has been doing in the media (including an interview he did with Zinchenko's wife, Vlada, whose a Ukranian TV presenter for Football Channel 1/2.

Another win for Arsenal. 

If all they do is get Mudryk then I would consider the transfer window a fail. I think he offers more playing versatility but he’s more of a long term play for Arsenal imo. His last club match was in the end of November so you’re gonna get a player who’s gonna take some time to even get fit. 

They need more than Mudryk. Imo Felix makes a lot of sense for them along with Mudryk