EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

Haalands 4th Hat Trick. 4 in 19 Prem matches. Previous quickest to 4 was 65 matches.

Trossard on the bench for Arsenal. Been a fan of his and what hes been doing at B&H. Hope he gets 20mins or so. Though I doubt he sees the field today.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

8 hours ago, amac said:

Nketiah’s had a nice run of form, didn’t expect that much from him as a Jesus fill in. Great game, I’d say our our chances of taking the title are pretty high at this point

For the first time I comfortable saying I believe we can, because from what I can see the team believes they can.  At what is effectively the halfway point of the season, I'll give us better than even odds if/when we get a result against City in one of the league matches - and I feel pretty confident we'll be able to make that determination by 2/15.  For the first time, we have a side and we're playing in a manner/style where I'm not worried about dropping points to sides in relegation battles that are just trying to play for a point - most of those sides don't have the defense Newcastle do and they had to play out of their minds, marking-wise, and make use of every dark art available to get that draw against us; lesser sides we'll likely be able to put the same pressure we did on West Ham and eventually grind those defensive units down to where they'll eventually crack to having to uphold intensity against press.  Ironically, we don't have a run-in final month against many bottom-1/3 sides.  Instead we've got Chelsea at the Emirates, Newcastle at St. James, and so forth.  April is going to be really telling for us; Anfield, the Etihad, and London Stadium are all going to be no picnic, and likely make it to where we're going to need to do the domestic double on Chelsea this season if we want hope of a comfortable run-in on the title without City breathing down our necks.  Because Haaland may well shatter the record for the Golden Boot this season, so City are likely going to hold any goal advantage tiebreaker over us.

12 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Incredible match.  Odegaard and Saka owned that right side from the start.  Seemed like any time they wanted the ball, theyd just go take it.

Ironically, my MOTM (which feels weird to label anyone but the guy who got the brace that included the winning goal not the MOTM) was on the left side... or at least that was his starting position.  Seriously, Zinchenko's heat map might well have been a solid field for this match; he's legitimately the anti-Aubameyang in that he shows up and out at his highest level against the biggest domestic clubs.

Edited by Dr LBC

Something I just noticed. The last 7 teams in the Prem have a combined 4 wins in their last 35 matches. Wolves at 17 with 2 of those.

This race at the bottom is bonkers. Forest were last 3 match weeks ago. Made a 4 pt safety buffer just that quick. Something a few teams down there are loaded enough to pull off at any time. Not fully confident Forest is staying up just yet.

My picks going down right now are Bournemouth, Southampton and (this hurts) Leicester City.

7 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Ironically, my MOTM (which feels weird to label anyone but the guy who got the brace that included the winning goal not the MOTM) was on the left side... or at least that was his starting position.  Seriously, Zinchenko's heat map might well have been a solid field for this match; he's legitimately the anti-Aubameyang in that he shows up and out at his highest level against the biggest domestic clubs.

I was mostly unfamiliar with Zinchenko and  Martinelli.

Newcastle match I wasnt hearing/learning anything about anyone really. 0-0 snore that it was. But that was a matchup where it feels after watching them yesterday. They were playing not to lose. Yesterday they showed up with full intention of delivering a butt whippin and did. No way Newcastle can withstand the rematch if Arsenal is in a "must win-not draw" situation like yesterday had them in. 

Which now brings up 2 matches against City. With a 3rd this week for the FA Cup. Dont know how Id handle this FA Cup match. Young horses need to run, but new arrivals/bench guys need playtime and need be gelling for this final push.

20 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

This was the first thing I looked up post-match. His heat map made me LOL, especially when you compare him to traditional LB's.  I just love it. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite players, and it would not surprise me if he was named a captain soon. He's simply a ninja. He appears everywhere on the field on the TV broadcast, out of no where. 

Other news. I joined up Arsecast's Patreon and it's been well worth it. Just coming from an avid fan into learning more about the technical aspect and how they run schemes and what each player's job is..... it's been next level.