EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

On 11/12/2022 at 8:49 AM, Dr LBC said:

Ultimately this is Conte ball, and it's why I'm thankful that for all the Arsenal supporters who coveted Conte that we went another direction - the style and what Arsenal had at time of Emery-to-Arteta bridge simply wouldn't have meshed (legitimately, the only thing that worked was our, then, 30+ year old captain/striker).

I'm just hoping, at this point, that Tottenham do poorly enough that they fall from consideration of a player like Maddison in the summer (which will probably take them qualifying no higher than the Conference League - not likely - or Leicester refusing to sell because of the relatively-certain departure of Tielemans on a free, and them not wanting to disintegrate their midfield).

In terms of Arsenal, there's a part of me that loves the fit of Mudryk.  And another part of me that looks at the likely price of Mudryk and thinks, "Why not just blow that kind of money on Liao in the summer?" unless he has the WC from Heaven...

Liao? Surely not Rafael Leao from Milan?

On 11/12/2022 at 2:49 AM, Dr LBC said:

Ultimately this is Conte ball, and it's why I'm thankful that for all the Arsenal supporters who coveted Conte that we went another direction - the style and what Arsenal had at time of Emery-to-Arteta bridge simply wouldn't have meshed (legitimately, the only thing that worked was our, then, 30+ year old captain/striker).

I'm just hoping, at this point, that Tottenham do poorly enough that they fall from consideration of a player like Maddison in the summer (which will probably take them qualifying no higher than the Conference League - not likely - or Leicester refusing to sell because of the relatively-certain departure of Tielemans on a free, and them not wanting to disintegrate their midfield).

In terms of Arsenal, there's a part of me that loves the fit of Mudryk.  And another part of me that looks at the likely price of Mudryk and thinks, "Why not just blow that kind of money on Liao in the summer?" unless he has the WC from Heaven...

I don’t think he Saka or Martinelli would be content to be 3rd option though. Kvara is also a guy one of the titan clubs should scoop up soon, guys been a monster. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 5:32 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

You didn't see how much love he was giving Arsenal in his interview?

Please no. He’s the anti Jesus. I’d rather play Eddie until Jesus comes back than sign Ronaldo. I hope we just go for a versatile attacker like Felix or Mudryk that would also be useful once Jesus comes back and doesn’t completely change the way we play.

1 hour ago, packerstk7 said:

Is it still NBC sports? I thought it was USA Network now. Between that and Peacock you can watch every league game of your favorite team, though.

I just wish they could all be on Peacock. EPL needs Stick to 1 platform so I don't have to stream it by other means. La Liga and Bundesliga are on ESPN+

The Newcastle game is on USA right now. What a nice surprise.

Also didnt realize Newcastle was so high in the standings.

Sorry for all the questions but this is all new to me and im trying to get into the sport a bit but in order win win the PL does a team just have to have the most points at the end of the season? Or do they have a playoff type of format like we do in America?

Edited by mattyice0401