EPL Thread

SalvadorsDeli

4 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Ignoring the cherry picking in this stat, the goals scored is the stat that is worrying to me. 4 goals scored against all those teams when you spent like they did this summer is a poor return.

Lampard is such a crappy manager it’s unbelievable. Basic and predictable style of play. Doesn’t know how to utilise the players he has. I’ve been saying this for months, we aren’t good enough. We just played some crappy teams and we won, but the flaws were there to be seen. He sucks.

12 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Lampard is such a crappy manager it’s unbelievable. Basic and predictable style of play. Doesn’t know how to utilise the players he has. I’ve been saying this for months, we aren’t good enough. We just played some crappy teams and we won, but the flaws were there to be seen. He sucks.

Werner and Havertz are really having trouble fitting in. I still think they'll become good, but once Ziyech comes back, how do you fit all your players in? What's your formation?

Also, why was Pulisic moved to the right in the 2nd half? He was giving Semedo all sorts of headaches on the left, and then nada after half time.

Animated graphs. Goes from 93-2019

Premier League Cumulative Profits Before Tax £'m

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/4666619/

Premier League Cumulative Losses Before Tax £'m

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/4666672/

Championship Operating Losses 2010-19 £'m

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/4677146/

Thought some of you might get a kick out of these. Few things really surprised me.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

8 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Burnley?!

Past 3 years total only $ -29 mil in the transfer dept. Spend under $40 mil a year on their roster. In 18/19 alone drew $107 million off Premiers TV revenue share pyramid.

Nottingham Forest is a weird one. Avg $ -20 mil a year when their roster doesnt avg that a year and made 10 million on transfers. Plus over 25k fans per game brings in 20+ million itself. Others are at least losing due to stadium renovations.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

14 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Undeserved, IMO. I doubt they’ll do better.

Looks like theyre going with the old Bolton coach Sam Allardyce.

I dont see anyone doing better than Slav when that roster is less than half of the league avg. Zero depth and only a couple decent players.

oDaOlhO.jpg

17 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

Werner and Havertz are really having trouble fitting in. I still think they'll become good, but once Ziyech comes back, how do you fit all your players in? What's your formation?

Also, why was Pulisic moved to the right in the 2nd half? He was giving Semedo all sorts of headaches on the left, and then nada after half time.

Werner is in a bad run of form. Havertz just isn’t for this formation and this basic style that Lampard plays. For Havertz he fits a 4231. For our team has a whole it’s more on the lack of ideas by the manager. 

As for Pulisic moving to right wing, literally the only reason I can think of is because Werner invisible and wasn’t getting the ball on the right. So they switched to accommodate Werner which is stupid.

• Like 1

What a win. Taking 3 points from a very strong Spurs side is oh so crucial for us. Especially with our mounting injury crises.

Maybe I have rose colored glasses, but I reckon Curtis Jones is on the path to being our 2nd academy product who will be world class. Not even 20 yet and looks comfortable against a very good Spurs team.

Gini Winjnaldum, good grief I will miss him if he leaves. Controlled the midfield again. Fabinho too just puts in terrific performances.

Happy to see Bobby scoring. Lovely feeling being top of the league with the injuries we have.

LFC Tots fallout has been far more fun than the match itself.

Sample.

UNPOPULAR ONE ‘There’s a media agenda against Jose Mourinho… Jurgen Klopp gets away with everything’ – Simon Jordan backs ‘box office’ Tottenham boss after latest Liverpool spat

https://talksport.com/football/805579/

Perfect time to try in draw a foul. When youre 6'5 and flopping to 160lber that gives a slight elbow bump. Leaving Tot fans unhappy. Biggest guy in the stadium and hes 15 yards from the goal defending a corner.

Mourinho complaining about Klopp mentioning injuries while talking about his own squads injured.

2I4erTM.jpg

Edited by PARROTHEAD

2 hours ago, Canadian Saint said:

So does Arteta make it to new years? 5 points from their last 10 games is horrendous.

Watford sacked their coach today. And theyre 5th, 4pts out of instant promotion.

Arsenal has to make the move. I dont think he makes it. 130million dollar roster. 4th highest paid. Theyre paid to win and get results now. Arsenal cant wait for Arteta to grow as a coach.

Crystal Palace coach needs to go as well. Never seen so much grinning and smiling on the sidelines by a coach getting his teeth kicked in.

Look at this guy. Getting blown out. Here like, "Aww Klopps so happy. Im so proud of him." And thats all he did all game. Stand there like that. Fist bumping his players with smiles after.

GettyImages-1230206725.jpg