What team do you think would trade for Teddy Bridgewater?

DoleINGout

31 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You have a loose definition on playmakers if you put the Yeldon of last year, Allen Hurns who was hurt/hobbling all year, Mickens who was picked up after being cut and on the roster bubble this year, Marqise Lee who led the league in drops, and two rookies as a rock solid core of playmakers.

Fournette is/was a beast, but his production took a hit after an ankle injury midseason. The two best WRs last year didn't play a big role/were hurt until past midseason. 

Sorry, but unless our definition of playmakers is wildly different (I'm starting to think it is, because if that list above is a good group of playmakers a good 1/2 of the league or more is sitting mighty pretty) then idk how you are coming to this conclusion.

drops is not a valid argument. Julio was 2nd in drops, not a playmaker? cole was 2nd in the league in ypc, lee was top 30 among wrs in first downs despite missing around 2.5 games. westbrook played well when he get helathy, fournette speaks for himself. How many weapons does bortles need? excuses, excuses, excuses...

8 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

drops is not a valid argument. Julio was 2nd in drops, not a playmaker? cole was 2nd in the league in ypc, lee was top 30 among wrs in first downs despite missing around 2.5 games. westbrook played well when he get helathy, fournette speaks for himself. How many weapons does bortles need? excuses, excuses, excuses...

Julio and Lee aren't in similar stratospheres. Just because Julio also had a large number of drops doesn't mean that Lee wasn't poor last year. What besides his name is seriously making you think he was good last year? 

Again, Cole didn't start seeing production until week 9/10. He was promising/good last year and we have high hopes but him, Lee, and Dede who was out til midseason doesn't justify a good set of playmakers.

There's no #1, Cole had the looks of a #2 once he started getting his opportunities week 9/10, and Dede showed some promise but also didn't return til midseason, Mickens/Lewis were his other two targets and take a look at the run games ypc from like week 8 on.

Bortles was solid last year with an uneventful supporting cast. You aren't changing my mind. I'm not changing yours from the looks of it. 

This year, he added Chark, Moncrief, ASJ, Cole and Dede are a year further in their development, and Fournette is healthy now. From the looks of it, he should now have a good supporting cast with a solid set (but no #1) of WRs. 

But there's no way someone can say with a straight face who actually watched these guys that 2017 Blake had a good supporting cast outside of Cole who dare I say again, wasn't part of things really until week 9/10.

So now, I just want to know how and why you think Lee did/was anything special last year.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Julio and Lee aren't in similar stratospheres. Just because Julio also had a large number of drops doesn't mean that Lee wasn't poor last year. What besides his name is seriously making you think he was good last year? 

Again, Cole didn't start seeing production until week 9/10. He was promising/good last year and we have high hopes but him, Lee, and Dede who was out til midseason doesn't justify a good set of playmakers.

There's no #1, Cole had the looks of a #2 once he started getting his opportunities week 9/10, and Dede showed some promise but also didn't return til midseason, Mickens/Lewis were his other two targets and take a look at the run games ypc from like week 8 on.

Bortles was solid last year with an uneventful supporting cast. You aren't changing my mind. I'm not changing yours from the looks of it. 

This year, he added Chark, Moncrief, ASJ, Cole and Dede are a year further in their development, and Fournette is healthy now. From the looks of it, he should now have a good supporting cast with a solid set (but no #1) of WRs. 

But there's no way someone can say with a straight face who actually watched these guys that 2017 Blake had a good supporting cast outside of Cole who dare I say again, wasn't part of things really until week 9/10.

So now, I just want to know how and why you think Lee did/was anything special last year.

Because instead of saying why Lee is good, you seem to just want to say he's not bad just because of the drops last year.

Guess what? That's not solely why I or any other Jaguars fan doesn't like Lee. It's because of that and the fact that he hasn't lived up to expectations and wed much rather see more or Chark, Cole, Dede, and co. and less of Lee. We know what he is at this point, and it's not that great. He's a league average to slightly above average receiver at best..

51 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

you dont seem to be getting this. using drops as a reaon lee is not good is what im pointing out as poor reasoning, yet you keep using it. Lee is probably a little above average, he keeps the chains moving and can have some big games now and again. hes a really solid #2, heck, id rather have him over sanu. Hes not great but can make some plays... hence playmaker. cole is a playmaker, westbook was at times, fournette certainly is.  bortles had enough playmakers last year, hes just not a great qb. hes average to slightly above which is fine. 

18 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

you dont seem to be getting this. using drops as a reaon lee is not good is what im pointing out as poor reasoning, yet you keep using it. Lee is probably a little above average, he keeps the chains moving and can have some big games now and again. hes a really solid #2, heck, id rather have him over sanu. Hes not great but can make some plays... hence playmaker. cole is a playmaker, westbook was at times, fournette certainly is.  bortles had enough playmakers last year, hes just not a great qb. hes average to slightly above which is fine. 

Except that's not the sole reason I'm saying Lee isn't good. You also don't seem to be getting this. That is just an easy statistic to point out what we all saw last year besides the tape.

I watch every single Jaguars game. Trust me, I'm not saying Lee is bad just because of drops, but him leading the league doesn't help his case. Julio Jones having a higher number of drops doesn't change the fact that it's not a good statistic to be leading in.

Bortles is an average QB for sure, haven't stated otherwise.

But there's zero way I agree with you that he had tons of playmakers, nor can I agree that Lee is a #2/really solid #2 WR. I don't know what he has shown in his NFL career to make you think he is that either. He was injury prone starting out and although he's stayed healthy for the most part, he continues to underperform. I don't characterize a glaringly average receiver that has had issues with drops and being injury prone as a #2. He hasn't produced or shown anything to think that imo.

Finally, you keep wanting to skip the fact that 2 of the listed playmakers didn't even start producing until as I said, after midseason. Cole had a fantastic stretch of 4 or so games late last season and Dede had some phenomenal catches. But even they had their mental lapses (being rookies and all, ya know) and disappeared for large amounts of time. The other playmakers you list is Fournette who indeed was one (but did struggle after the ankle injury to get things going at times), and Marqise Lee who you know how I feel about.

If you want to sit here and tell me for a 5-6 game stretch to end the season last year he had playmakers fine, but he still had to get the job done early on in the season with very limited receiving options prior to the two rookies becoming a part of the offense/getting on the field. 

Even though Cole did have a great stretch and Dede did come in and be a decent recevier late in the year, not sure how you can sit here and say the list of names we're talking about is a really rock solid set for a guy who is in there to manage the game. For the elite guys, sure, that's probably a solid enough group to get it done but for a guy who played in an offense that was designed to play it safe/move the rock and get it in the hands of the receivers/running backs as much as possible and not lean on Blake much, that really isn't an inspiring group.

12 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

A guy with 28 TD’s/21 INT’s in his career (while throwing his last TD in 2015), some call him the checkdown king, while suffering a significant knee Injury is going to lead the Jags to the SB.

his completion % has always been inflated due to short passes

You probably don't need me to tell you that he often targeted receivers on shorter throws, but here you go anyway: Of his 447 attempts that weren't throwaways or batted passes, 60.2 percent traveled less than 10 yards past the line of scrimmage, including 16.1 percent thrown behind the line.

source: startribune.com

Blame Norv Turner and the OL. Teddy had no time to throw.

He's not a checkdown king. He's smart with the football in his hands, and his first 2 years he had a healthy YPA to finish the season going over 7.0 both times.

6 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Lol what 

I'd trade more because I think Bridgewater is goong to be a top ten or fifteen QB if he remains healthy and starts for a team this season to prove it. In hindsight most people would probably say that caliber player is worth trading strong assets for.

As has been mentioned, maybe one of the NFC South teams comes calling. The Giants, Chargers, and Bengals may have a need at some poiny and part with a some package of draft picks. The Jaguars, Patriots, and Dolphins may also be on the lookout for a new starting QB in 2019.

4 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

I'd trade more because I think Bridgewater is goong to be a top ten or fifteen QB if he remains healthy and starts for a team this season to prove it. In hindsight most people would probably say that caliber player is worth trading strong assets for.

As has been mentioned, maybe one of the NFC South teams comes calling. The Giants, Chargers, and Bengals may have a need at some poiny and part with a some package of draft picks. The Jaguars, Patriots, and Dolphins may also be on the lookout for a new starting QB in 2019.

Bridgewater when healthy was a mediocre at best game manager. That was 3 years ago before his knee exploded. 

You want a team with a 41 year old qb in win now superbowl or bust mode to trade one of their top 3 defensive players who hasn’t even entered his prime yet for a backup qb. 

4 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Bridgewater when healthy was a mediocre at best game manager. That was 3 years ago before his knee exploded. 

Bridgewater is a different, apparently better player now than he was three years ago. This is coming from someone who was disappointed in Bridgewater on the Vikings.

4 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

You want a team with a 41 year old qb in win now superbowl or bust mode to trade one of their top 3 defensive players who hasn’t even entered his prime yet for a backup qb. 

If Brady is retiring, then yes. If Belichick is retiring and Brady signs an extention, then no, not really.

On 8/12/2018 at 6:30 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

If Brady retires, sure. If the Bengals or Jaguars had interest, that would mean he would likely have a chance to compete for the starting job immediately... Unlike New England if Brady is still there. Bridgewater isn't going to waste more years of his prime sitting behind Brady, even if it is the best situation for him. He's going to want to go somewhere where he can prove his worth immediately.

Actually, I think in Teddy's case that this would not be the best situation for him.  The real question about him has been his health for the last couple of years.  At this point, he is past the point where he needs to be mentored - even by the best quarterback of all time.  All he really needs is an opportunity to get out on the field and play.   IMO, Jacksonville would be the perfect landing spot for him - even better than New England.  Teddy is a better QB than Bortles, and they would get further with him. 

On 8/20/2018 at 5:18 PM, Shanedorf said:

Here's OverTheCap with their breakdown of potential landing spots for Teddy, including Dallas, Seattle, , N.O, NYG and several others

https://overthecap.com/potential-teddy-bridgewater-trade-destinations

New Orleans or New York (Giants) would make a lot of sense. Both of them have at most 2 years left in their long term QB, max.

Archived