Preseason, Week 2: Jaguars (0-1) at Vikings (1-0)

gopherwrestler

9 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Move Sloter to backup QB, cut Siemian, and give that roster spot to a d-lineman. 

*Trade Siemian to Buffalo who seem to be desperate for a QB with McCarrons injury.

16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Hey guys, I wish I could say good game but it was pretty rough to watch at times. You guys were beating Cam Robinson like a drum. Just glad Bortles didn't get murdered back there. Boone looked really good albeit vs lesser guys but he has some wheels and I think he even stiff armed Telvin to the ground. I do have a question though:

What did you think of the lowering helmet hit  call on Bouye? I didn't see the replay for the kickoff one so I can't really comment on it but what about the other? To me that was a crap call but I'm definitely biased. I feel like that rule is going to hurt both of our teams greatly as we live by a physical defensive gameplan and if it comes down to whiffing on a tackle or making a play but getting a flag I think we're both in for a rough year. Thoughts?

Like everyone else, I do not fully understand how that rule is supposed to be called so I can't comment on whether it was the right call or not. What I can say, however, is that if that is the way it is supposed to be called I hate the rule. It is ridiculous if that is supposed to be a penalty. Watching football will be a lot less fun when we have to see defenders dance around to the side of players and try to arm tackle them rather than being able to square up and tackle in ways that one could reasonably tackle a guy without giving up a bunch of yards.

Aruna's like their 7th best DE so they should be able to get by without him.

The injury is worse news for Aruna than the team -- he won't get the experience he needs on the practice squad this year. He'll be 25 next year and unless his technique somehow improves during his injury his career might be over before it begins.

I love the backups we have this year on the defensive line. Jaleel Johnson has been a monster. Weatherly and Ogefinidio have developed some nice pass rush moves. Then we got Holmes in the 3rd. He'll get a chance to develop while he does some on the job training.

15 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I love the backups we have this year on the defensive line. Jaleel Johnson has been a monster. Weatherly and Ogefinidio have developed some nice pass rush moves. Then we got Holmes in the 3rd. He'll get a chance to develop while he does some on the job training.

Close....:D

Archived