Who are "your guys" this fantasy season?

Dr LBC

1 hour ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah the thought of drafting Reed didn't really hit me till last night. He's probably 8-10 round pick, can give you TE1 and if he gets hurt oh well you didn't spend a high pick on him like year's past.

He's got top 5 upside so that was my thinking as well.  If I only get to play him for 7-8 games so be it because he could go off in those games.  He can burn you though, he's not all upside.  He could easily pull the old I'm healthy going into the game and on the second series get knocked out getting you like 1 point.  Expect a few huge games and a few like that where you get burned.  

38 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

He's got top 5 upside so that was my thinking as well.  If I only get to play him for 7-8 games so be it because he could go off in those games.  He can burn you though, he's not all upside.  He could easily pull the old I'm healthy going into the game and on the second series get knocked out getting you like 1 point.  Expect a few huge games and a few like that where you get burned.  

Could use last round pick on Vernon Davis and just be set save for bye week.

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Another guy is Eifert but he's in the same boat as Reed. You could probably get him late or even as a waiver pick up.

Got a draft scenario here...So let's say after Round 3 I have Bell, Howard, Cooper/Fitzgerald/Diggs/Thielen.

When Round 4/5 comes around, let says Ingram and Royce Freeman are still on the board. Seeing that I need another WR, would you pick a WR with Ingram/Freeman or would you nab both Ingram/Freeman with the RB pool as bad as it is?

TIA

28 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Got a draft scenario here...So let's say after Round 3 I have Bell, Howard, Cooper/Fitzgerald/Diggs/Thielen.

When Round 4/5 comes around, let says Ingram and Royce Freeman are still on the board. Seeing that I need another WR, would you pick a WR with Ingram/Freeman or would you nab both Ingram/Freeman with the RB pool as bad as it is?

TIA

Me, I'm loading up on those RB's and I can grab decent WR's to fill later.

If I had those RB's you listed, I wouldn't mind having my #2 WR being Sammy Watkins or Marquise Goodwin or Robby Anderson in the 6th Round. 

Then later you can get guys with WR 2 potential- Marquise Lee, Nelson Agholor Mike Williams.

With 4 starting RB's like that, somebody is coming crawling to you before the trade deadline and you can get a stud or a high quality WR from them then. 

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Me, I'm loading up on those RB's and I can grab decent WR's to fill later.

If I had those RB's you listed, I wouldn't mind having my #2 WR being Sammy Watkins or Marquise Goodwin or Robby Anderson in the 6th Round. 

Then later you can get guys with WR 2 potential- Marquise Lee, Nelson Agholor Mike Williams.

With 4 starting RB's like that, somebody is coming crawling to you before the trade deadline and you can get a stud or a high quality WR from them then. 

Thanks @EaglesPeteC. yeah that is my thinking... Load up on Rbs and draft WRs in round 5-6. 

For me the "perfect draft" is(in order of rounds):

1. Bell

2. Howard

3.Cooper/Fitzgerald

4.Mark Ingram/Lamar Miller (Although I am not sure Miller makes to to where I am picking in the fourth)

5.Royce Freeman

6.Manny Sanders/Cobb

7. Cobb/Goodwin

Then roll the dice on upside WRs such as Mike Williams, Cam Meredith, Robby Anderson and etc. 

Most years, I tend to trade picks to move up to grab an ELITE WR but after doing much HW, the drop off at RB is just too big for me to not have TWO by the end of R2. So this year I'm keeping all my original picks. 

I know things change during the draft and you shouldn't be dead set on certain guys but this is what I would prefer to happen.....

Just now, NcFinest9erFan said:

Thanks @EaglesPeteC. yeah that is my thinking... Load up on Rbs and draft WRs in round 5-6. 

For me the "perfect draft" is(in order of rounds):

1. Bell

2. Howard

3.Cooper/Fitzgerald

4.Mark Ingram/Lamar Miller (Although I am not sure Miller makes to to where I am picking in the fourth)

5.Royce Freeman

6.Manny Sanders/Cobb

7. Cobb/Goodwin

Then roll the dice on upside WRs such as Mike Williams, Cam Meredith, Robby Anderson and etc. 

Most years, I tend to trade picks to move up to grab an ELITE WR but after doing much HW, the drop off at RB is just too big for me to not have TWO by the end of R2. So this year I'm keeping all my original picks. 

After looking at this post, I did a quick mock at Fantasy Pros (I'm in the 11 spot in the next draft coming up) and I drafted Hunt, Cook, Howard, Freeman as my top 4 picks. I got Corey Davis and Sammy Wakins as my starting WR's and picked up Goodwin right after that.

I'd be completely happy starting off my draft like that TBH. 

Just now, EaglesPeteC said:

After looking at this post, I did a quick mock at Fantasy Pros (I'm in the 11 spot in the next draft coming up) and I drafted Hunt, Cook, Howard, Freeman as my top 4 picks. I got Corey Davis and Sammy Wakins as my starting WR's and picked up Goodwin right after that.

I'd be completely happy starting off my draft like that TBH. 

Cook is a keeper in my league, I'm thinking Hunt goes in the early part of the first round(second if you count our first round for keeper picks), so from what i'm looking at I should have a chance at either Howard or Devonta Freeman with my first pick. I have it Howard >  Freeman..No knock on Freeman but I hate the fact that I would have to spend a 6/7 round pick on Coleman as a handcuff.

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

TIA

If it were me I go WR and Freeman I like Freeman opportunity with that offense now that they have a QB. You can get a guy like Jones Jr/Cooks/Cooper and have a solid foundation at WR while having top talent at te RB position that you want

I will say the hype for Freeman has me having flash backs of drafting Monte Ball in the 3rd round and my fantasy team burning to the ground.

As for My Guys.

QB: Cousins or Brees. Both offenses have the potential to be top 5.

RB: Freeman, Kerryon, and Ty Montgomery. Hitching my cart to Ty out of the three. He is game script proof out of all 3 RBs.

WR Mike Williams, John Ross, DJ Moore. I like the rookie in that offense. The Year 2 WRs will make real noise this year

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

I will say the hype for Freeman has me having flash backs of drafting Monte Ball in the 3rd round and my fantasy team burning to the ground.

I do think part of it has to do with some residual carry-over from the Guice injury and more recently the Penny injury.

I mean, I look at it this way, even with a fleet of garbage trucks at QB last season, CJ Anderson still managed to put up 1000 yards and the Broncos still decided (granted, part of that was cap-influenced) to let him go.  And what Devontae Booker showed last season was nothing to write home about, so we can be fairly confident that him instilling confidence in them wasn't inspiring them to let Anderson go.

If I were going on which rookie (outside of Saquon) I believe his team is going to be trying to find as many ways as possible to get him on the field, it's actually Kerryon specifically because the Lions traded up to get him (he was a target) when they had a relatively full (if kind of meh - but still there was a FA pickup in there too) backfield.  With when my drafts are (this Saturday and next Tuesday), I'm most likely taking a wait and see approach with Kerryon because I think he's a prime candidate for whoever drafts him to pull a similar situation with Kamara last year - they draft him, he ends up blocked in his ability to get meaningful touches, then one of the guys ahead of him either gets injured or traded (probably the highest likelihood is on the same guy in either scenario) the role is much more defined for Johnson.  If Royce wins the starting job in Denver, I feel like his usage will make it near impossible to get him without having to trade something for him (and in my experience, people overvalue rookies who actually start out hot when it comes to trade value even in redraft leagues so they're hard to acquire).

Freeman isn't anything special as a runner, but he's multi-faceted and for crying out loud, if he gets the touches, Steve Slaton was a viable fantasy starter in Kubiak's offensive scheme.

24 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I do think part of it has to do with some residual carry-over from the Guice injury and more recently the Penny injury.

I mean, I look at it this way, even with a fleet of garbage trucks at QB last season, CJ Anderson still managed to put up 1000 yards and the Broncos still decided (granted, part of that was cap-influenced) to let him go.  And what Devontae Booker showed last season was nothing to write home about, so we can be fairly confident that him instilling confidence in them wasn't inspiring them to let Anderson go.

If I were going on which rookie (outside of Saquon) I believe his team is going to be trying to find as many ways as possible to get him on the field, it's actually Kerryon specifically because the Lions traded up to get him (he was a target) when they had a relatively full (if kind of meh - but still there was a FA pickup in there too) backfield.  With when my drafts are (this Saturday and next Tuesday), I'm most likely taking a wait and see approach with Kerryon because I think he's a prime candidate for whoever drafts him to pull a similar situation with Kamara last year - they draft him, he ends up blocked in his ability to get meaningful touches, then one of the guys ahead of him either gets injured or traded (probably the highest likelihood is on the same guy in either scenario) the role is much more defined for Johnson.  If Royce wins the starting job in Denver, I feel like his usage will make it near impossible to get him without having to trade something for him (and in my experience, people overvalue rookies who actually start out hot when it comes to trade value even in redraft leagues so they're hard to acquire).

Freeman isn't anything special as a runner, but he's multi-faceted and for crying out loud, if he gets the touches, Steve Slaton was a viable fantasy starter in Kubiak's offensive scheme.

I've been getting a lot of shares f both Johnson and Freeman. Johnson is going in the 7/8th in espn drafts. By that time I usually have 2-3 really strong/solid backs and I could let Johnson/Freeman sit on the bench and see what shakes out. If my bets are good I have pieces to upgrade my WR core that is solid but not great.

Archived