Who are "your guys" this fantasy season?

Dr LBC

What do you guys make of Lamar Miller? I feel like he is very underrated now as everyone expects Foreman to take over but he seems further and further away. He never gets TDs really but his yardage numbers are usually decent if given the touches and I can't imagine he loses many a lot to Alfred Blue

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What do you guys make of Lamar Miller? I feel like he is very underrated now as everyone expects Foreman to take over but he seems further and further away. He never gets TDs really but his yardage numbers are usually decent if given the touches and I can't imagine he loses many a lot to Alfred Blue

He's a solid, unsexy value pick. He's probably going 2 rounds later than he should, so the value is really up there. 

The other guy in that situation is Chris Carson. Everyone should have some good shared of Carson this year. He's actually going several rounds behind Penny in all of the leagues I have drafted in, which makes no sense because as far as I can tell (and with Penny hurt), he's the clear cut number one. Perhaps those ADPs will start to reverse closer to the season, but for teams drafting now, Chris Carson is amazing value as well. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

He's a solid, unsexy value pick. He's probably going 2 rounds later than he should, so the value is really up there. 

The other guy in that situation is Chris Carson. Everyone should have some good shared of Carson this year. He's actually going several rounds behind Penny in all of the leagues I have drafted in, which makes no sense because as far as I can tell (and with Penny hurt), he's the clear cut number one. Perhaps those ADPs will start to reverse closer to the season, but for teams drafting now, Chris Carson is amazing value as well. 

Yeah, he's kind of the new Fred Taylor or what everyone was expecting of Isaiah Crowell last year before he got injured and that derailed his ascension: The undervalued, forgotten man who is still going to get enough consistent touches to return value, particularly on how late you're able to get him.

Reporting back in.  As of the draft for my big money league yesterday afternoon, I got 2 of "my guys at RB" (C-Mac at value too... he dropped to the 5th pick of the 3rd round in a 12-team draft) in McCaffrey and Burkhead.

I ended up passing on Corey Davis, but that was because Josh Gordon fell the 6th round as one of my two regular flexes, and RB's (I wanted a 4th because of the limited bench space in this league) were at a premium, so I passed on Davis to draft Sony MIchel (since I have Burkhead, I'm cuffing, but also it's New England and I closed the season in this least last year capably starting both Burkhead and Lewis every week).  Made up for not getting Davis in the next round by snagging Goodwin.

Also... don't ask me the logic of the people in my league, I managed to get Wentz in the 10th round... as the 12th QB off the board (behind the likes of Mariota, Jimmy G, Goff, Ryan, Rivers, and Big Ben).

14 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I wouldnt draft him this year.  At best he is a flex due to his usage.  Foreman probably wont be the same as before.  I dont like Miller as a 20 carry a game player.

8 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I wouldnt draft him this year.  At best he is a flex due to his usage.  Foreman probably wont be the same as before.  I dont like Miller as a 20 carry a game player.

Hardly anyone is a 20 carry a game player and no one is drafted that late. He could come close to 15-20 touches a game though I would assume

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Id take Miller later (6th or 7th) if i got riskier/high upside RB's on my roster like Royce Freeman, Burkhead/Michel or ingram. He is someone you can throw in with a high foor while you wait on an injury or if someone busts hard 

Miller is a perfectly fine RB2 especially if you start WR heavy or take a TE or ARod in the 3rd or 4th.

44 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Id take Miller later (6th or 7th) if i got riskier/high upside RB's on my roster like Royce Freeman, Burkhead/Michel or ingram. He is someone you can throw in with a high foor while you wait on an injury or if someone busts hard 

I build my teams around reliability. Which is why I loooooove guys like Mike Thomas. Even if they dont have the huge upside of 175 yd, 3TD weeks---no dud weeks is the way to win. Especially in the playoffs when most peoples teams are boom or bust. 

Miller is a prime example of a guy I would never draft, just cant trust him for a full 16 games not only staying healthy but not dudding out every other week ala Jordan Howard.

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Cobb/Manny Sanders/Goodwin, how would you guys rank these guys in a ppr league? I'm actually hoping I can somehow land all three if I go RB/RB/WR in my home league.

Cobb, Goodwin, Sanders in PPR.  If your league gives bonuses for TD's of 40 yards or more (some do), swap Goodwin and Cobb.  Also, I have Cobb and Goodwin much closer together than I do Goodwin and Sanders, and I like Sanders.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

Cobb, Goodwin, Sanders in PPR.  If your league gives bonuses for TD's of 40 yards or more (some do), swap Goodwin and Cobb.  Also, I have Cobb and Goodwin much closer together than I do Goodwin and Sanders, and I like Sanders.

If you ever have a question with WRs just look at their QB. Sanders is the #2 WR with a worse QB and Goodwin is the #1 WR with a better QB. Goodwin will outperform him simply because of opportunities.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

If you ever have a question with WRs just look at their QB. Sanders is the #2 WR with a worse QB and Goodwin is the #1 WR with a better QB. Goodwin will outperform him simply because of opportunities.

Yeah, I just uptick Sanders slightly (not above Goodwin, but still) because Keenum is a gun-slinger and Sanders - at least until Courtland Sutton carves his permanent place in that lineup - is the deep-threat.  At this stage in his career, Manny is a welfare-man's Stefan Diggs, but Demaryius has visibly lost some of his freak athleticism and appears to be transitioning more into a possession receiver role.  If Sanders stays healthy (not a given considering last season), there's a decent shot he outproduces Thomas in standard leagues, but I don't like him as much in PPR leagues where Thomas is the better WR in that offense to have.

Archived