2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

I have no problem with Jets picking Bosa or Allen.  It will come down to who Gregg Williams think is a better fit.    In any case, I think the Jets would prefer to trade down to accumulate more draft picks. I still predict Cincinnati is the team the Jets trade down with for Haskins.   

16 minutes ago, famousj said:

I have no problem with Jets picking Bosa or Allen.  It will come down to who Gregg Williams think is a better fit.    In any case, I think the Jets would prefer to trade down to accumulate more draft picks. I still predict Cincinnati is the team the Jets trade down with for Haskins.   

That would likely get us a really good haul of picks going back that far. 

1 hour ago, famousj said:

I’d trade to get AJ Green in any deal for a trade up.

Give us the 1st rd pick, a 3rd & AJ. I’m fine with that.

9 minutes ago, DowNY said:

I’d trade to get AJ Green in any deal for a trade up.

Give us the 1st rd pick, a 3rd & AJ. I’m fine with that.

Not even close...that puts AJ as like a mid firs round pick. No way would I drop down to 11 for that haul. 

Minimum would be #11, #42, AjGreen, 2020 2nd rounder. 

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

If the giants offered us 6 and 17 I’d do it in a heartbeat. Cody Ford at 6 and Garrett Bradberry at 17. Boom OL is solid.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

If the giants offered us 6 and 17 I’d do it in a heartbeat. Cody Ford at 6 and Garrett Bradberry at 17. Boom OL is solid.

That would constitute an almost perfect 1st round for me. A top inside OL will benefit Darnold and Bell more than any other addition on offense. 

5 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I would be pumped.  Where would you plan on playing Ford?  I think he could be either a RT or play either guard spot.  So basically you'd be replacing either Winters or Shell.

6 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I would be pumped.  Where would you plan on playing Ford?  I think he could be either a RT or play either guard spot.  So basically you'd be replacing either Winters or Shell.

RG, build up the interior plus Winters is more replaceable than Shell and the more expensive/older of the 2. All of a sudden an OL of Beachum/Osemele/Bradberry/Ford/Shell is quite formidable 

5 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Cody Ford at 6? Come on guys. 

Assuming Allen, Bosa and Williams are off the board by then, I think Ford is an option at 6.  With Sweat's heart condition, he may very well be off the Jets board.  Mac seems to avoid medical question marks or players with off the field issues.  With an interior OL of Ford, Bradberry and Osmele, our O will look much better.  THAT is the quickest route to rebuilding this team into a perennial contender.

I see the more likely scenario being we draft BPA at 3 bc no team wants to trade up for Haskins (don't view him worth giving up a ton for). And then we maybe look into a trade up to the mid end of Round 2 for a C that we really like that we don't think makes it to us with our 1sr 3rd. Or like some reports are... maybe we are fine with Harrison and Gase doesn't value C

28 minutes ago, xrade said:

Assuming Allen, Bosa and Williams are off the board by then, I think Ford is an option at 6.  With Sweat's heart condition, he may very well be off the Jets board.  Mac seems to avoid medical question marks or players with off the field issues.  With an interior OL of Ford, Bradberry and Osmele, our O will look much better.  THAT is the quickest route to rebuilding this team into a perennial contender.

I don’t think there’s any scenario in which Cody Ford is a top 10 pick in this draft. Top 15 is probably pushing it as well. 

In the scenario Allen, Bosa and Williams are all gone you can go with multiple other DL(Oliver, Ferrell, Gary) or go with the dynamic LB in Devin White(overkill? Yes but we need talent) or you do a trade back for values sack and just pick up some additional picks and let the board play itself out. 

25 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I see the more likely scenario being we draft BPA at 3 bc no team wants to trade up for Haskins (don't view him worth giving up a ton for). And then we maybe look into a trade up to the mid end of Round 2 for a C that we really like that we don't think makes it to us with our 1sr 3rd. Or like some reports are... maybe we are fine with Harrison and Gase doesn't value C

C would be a weird position to have no value on.  They do a ton to help the QB and in just a general sense they are the most direct path to the QB, if they don't hold up your QB will be killed