2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

Apparently we "badly" want to trade down.

Who would be our most likely trade down candidate? Giants seem to be sold on getting their QB later in the draft rather than at 6 or a trade up. Bucs maybe if they want to leapfrog OAK for Quinnen? Broncos if they wanna get their guy at QB? I'm having a hard time envisioning a trade partner.

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

Apparently we "badly" want to trade down.

Who would be our most likely trade down candidate? Giants seem to be sold on getting their QB later in the draft rather than at 6 or a trade up. Bucs maybe if they want to leapfrog OAK for Quinnen? Broncos if they wanna get their guy at QB? I'm having a hard time envisioning a trade partner.

I have struggled to identify the trading partner.     Lions may trade up for Josh Allen.  

Many teams aren't sold on Dwayne Haskins and Drew Lock so they may sit back and take either qb or Daniel Jones.  Bengals, Packers, Redskins or even Dolphins.

Giants could trade out of 17 in order to acquire 33 and Josh Rosen.

I still think Broncos won't draft qb until at least 3rd round.  Clayton Thorson or Brett Ripken.

Trade with Lions may improve the chance to trade down again.

Lions get 1.3

Jets get 1.8, 2.43, 4.111 and some change.

8. Jets - trade down again or take a top pass rusher leftover.

10. Broncos - although I don't think they will draft qb I can't rule them out.

11. Bengals -

12. Packers

13. Dolphins

15. Redskins - could afford to trade with Jets to secure Lock or Jones, whatever... Then Jets can take Garrett Bradbury there.

As far as trade partners, the Giants make the most sense. They have to get their QB. If they miss out on getting their QB that could be ready by next year, that Franchise will be screwed. 

Because no one knows what the Raiders will likely do, I can see teams getting nervous and aiming to jump them for other targets. 

23 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

As far as trade partners, the Giants make the most sense. They have to get their QB. If they miss out on getting their QB that could be ready by next year, that Franchise will be screwed. 

Because no one knows what the Raiders will likely do, I can see teams getting nervous and aiming to jump them for other targets. 

That is for unless Giants trade for Rosen is in the place.

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Trade with Lions may improve the chance to trade down again.

Lions get 1.3

Jets get 1.8, 2.43, 4.111 and some change.

8. Jets - trade down again or take a top pass rusher leftover.

10. Broncos - although I don't think they will draft qb I can't rule them out.

11. Bengals -

12. Packers

13. Dolphins

15. Redskins - could afford to trade with Jets to secure Lock or Jones, whatever... Then Jets can take Garrett Bradbury there.

And who exactly are the Lions trading up for?

5 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Mark my words, Gettleman isn’t going QB at 6. He’s going edge rusher and likely Montez Sweat. He’ll take Daniel Jones at 17. 

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

Mark my words, Gettleman isn’t going QB at 6. He’s going edge rusher and likely Montez Sweat. He’ll take Daniel Jones at 17. 

Yeah so without the Giants and the Redskins the favorites for Rosen, no idea who our trade partner will be.

1 minute ago, jetjuice said:

Yeah so without the Giants and the Redskins the favorites for Rosen, no idea who our trade partner will be.

I think it’s Cincy or bust personally. Unless someone really wants Q or Allen. I think TB could be a sneaky trade partner in that sense. If they want someone who they think Oak would want, maybe we could convince them to jump Oak and throw us their 2nd rounder.