2019 prospects and outlook

Dr.O

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Thanks for the input.  A guy at 6'6" 325 seems built for OG but that's true he is better in pass pro.

Yeah, you'd think he would be, but for whatever reason, he struggles at run protection.  Granted, i'd rather have a tackle who struggles in run protection than pass protection.  

16 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Herbert is returning to Oregon.  The Giants decision not to take Darnold is getting worse.

But . . but . . but Mac was a genius who traded up for Sam and saved the Jets.  He should be resigned for the next 10 years for doing that.  He's a great GM for making that trade.

#greenfont

Any idea of the Jets trading down took a big blow, the best QB in college Justin Herbert is returning to Oregon for the 2019  college season. This means that Macc, has to sharpen his pencil in the FA market. I can never remember a draft with such a weak list of offensive players, not one player stands out, that ever team would love to have. This draft is going to be all about all the good defensive players in the draft. I don't think it makes much of a difference whether we pick third, fourth,  or fifth. The big question is how do we get one of the top receivers in the draft, without a second round pick? After we pick early in the draft, I might as well switch over to Hallmark and watch another silly Christmas, movie.

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Imagine we ended up with Rosen? Yikes

I know I've said it a million times.  If we are going to hang our hat on Mac and say he's earned even more time  because he got us Sam then count me out.  Dude was one pick away from Josh Allen and then what would we have said about Mac then.  Passed on multiple franchise QB's in favor of Hack then traded away a nice haul to land Allen or Rosen who aren't on the same level as Mayfield and Darnold.

If the saving grace for my GM is that the Giants are dumb then I feel pretty comfortable allowing Mac to pack his bags on Monday.

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Imagine we ended up with Rosen? Yikes

Rosen has the worst supporting cast in the NFL, the only offensive players he has is Johnson & Larry Fitzgerald and is at the end of hi career. And the worst defensive in the league

Just now, doumeyer said:

Rosen has the worst supporting cast in the NFL, the only offensive players he has is Johnson & Larry Fitzgerald and is at the end of hi career. And the worst defensive in the league

True to an extent by DJ and Fitz both would likely be the best RB and WR on this team.  Even Fitz at his age is still really good.

Rosen yes is in a bad spot because he's OL is a joke so he gets a pass but still.  I don't view him on the same level as Sam or Baker.

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Our situation is practically the same

Yeah Rosen has struggled but don’t write him off at all yet. He still is a smart kid and a talented passer. I can see him making a big jump next year. Obviously I’m happy we have Sam, kid already figuring it out well ahead of schedule :)

On 12/27/2018 at 9:16 AM, doumeyer said:

They also have the worst o-line in football as well

On 12/26/2018 at 1:16 PM, barnaby8787 said:

Herbert is returning to Oregon.  The Giants decision not to take Darnold is getting worse.

I think he’s making a mistake. Sure he could have a better year next year but right now he’d probably be the first QB off the board, likely in the top ten and  probably with the Jags and their great defense or the Giants with their game breaking offensive weapons. If he has an average or injury plagued season another guy could surpass him as the top QB. If he has a great year he’d be a top ten pick but why wait. 

10 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

I think he’s making a mistake. Sure he could have a better year next year but right now he’d probably be the first QB off the board, likely in the top ten and  probably with the Jags and their great defense or the Giants with their game breaking offensive weapons. If he has an average or injury plagued season another guy could surpass him as the top QB. If he has a great year he’d be a top ten pick but why wait. 

One of the big reasons why apparently is because his brother is an incoming freshman TE and he wants to play with him. 

Archived