Preseason week 2 GDT: 49ers vs Texans

Forge

Just now, Forge said:

Pretty sure we didn't have a single pass rusher win a battle against an offensive linemen that entire drive. 

Most plays where pretty quick passes. But yeah pass rush will be another mediocre year at best and hopefully next year we will do something real to try and fix it.

Jimmy G was great in the opening drive. Went to his second or third option a few times and never panicked in the pocket. That deep pass to Goodwin was money. 

Defense on the other end? Not so good. Hate playing zone down in the RZ. Just makes it too easy. Ellington was open literally every single time as he just kept sitting down in the zone. 

The one plus was Witherspoon who had a pass break up and TFL. 

Two games in a row where the first team defense allowed a easy opening drive TD.

And damn Watson is good. The Texans offense is going to be deadly once again. I believe they were the best in the league with Watson at the helm.

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

I see a lot of non 49er fans say that we don't have good enough skill talent. I just don't see that. Sure, we don't have any upper echelon guys, but man, I really think that this is a team that is really deep at the skill positions. The whole is much greater than the sum of the parts. 

If Shanny wasn't calling the plays they'd maybe have a point. But he knows how to get the most out of the skill-sets at his disposal. The defense on the other hand will be really bad. I'd imagine our games will be fun for neutral fans all year. Shootouts for days

1 minute ago, Geek said:

Honestly we really should look into getting at least two edge rushers next offseason. Draft one early and pay another from FA. This pass rush is brutal. 

That's what I said in the draft thread. Use our first two picks on edge rushers. This is absurd preseason or not. 

Archived