Teddy Bridgewater

jetfuel34

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

It sure is insane, it is moves like this why we are always perennial losers.

This just makes zero sense. Does mccown hold any trade value? The answer is 100% no. this is the Jets actually doing something right for once at QB. They allowed the process to play out and feel Darnold is ready (and I think most of us agree). We had to trade quite a bit to get Darnold, so getting some assets back is huge. Teddy had 0 long term future here once we drafted Darnold. His only purpose was to maybe play some games if a rookie wasn’t ready. Which Darnold appears ready. He will have growing pains like every rookie QB. So he’s not going to throw for 4K 30td and 10ints. I expect a like around 3k 20tds and like 14ints. And I’ll be happy with that

What season has Teddy ever proven to be way better than Tyrod? 

Teddy

2015- 65% / 3231 yd / 14 tds / 9 ints

2016- 64% / 2919 yd / 14 tds / 12 ints

Tyrod

2015- 63% / 3035 yd / 20 tds / 6 ints

2016- 61% / 3023 yd / 17 tds / 6 ints

2017- 62% / 2,799 yd / 14 tds / 4 ints

Seem pretty similar to me, except Tyrod hasn't fully blown out his knee.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Teddy >>>>>>>>>> Tyrod

Teddy is way better than Tyrod and they got a 3rd for him straight up. 

What? Lol Tyrod is better than Teddy hands down, Tyrod is just as good of a passer if not better and he adds in his scrambling ability

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

What? Lol Tyrod is better than Teddy hands down, Tyrod is just as good of a passer if not better and he adds in his scrambling ability

Agree. Tyrod is the better player and doesn’t have injury concerns. Teddy has more upside. I think Tyrod is the more valuable player which is why I think the Teddy trade seems inline with recent QB trades. 

5 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah, shall we trade those whiners.  eh?

I think the few of us that have been following the Jets for 50+ years with only one Super Bowl appearance almost 50 years ago have a right to whine ?.

For what it’s worth, i dont think it was a terrible trade but I would have liked to have kept the draft pick. We will have more of Mac’s 6th round picks on our roster than his 2nds

the only chance we had of getting a 2nd for him would have been if a team, with no decent backup, lost their starter. There is no guarantee that that would happen so apparently Mac made the best deal he he could. 

• 4 weeks later...

Now that Jimmy G is gone for the year what do you think Bridgewater is worth now? The 49ers have brought in seven QB's for try outs. I hated getting rid of Bridgewater, the Jets could have gotten at least a second round pick for him maybe more. We all know sometime during the year that some QB would go down. How come Macc, didn't know that? It is moves like this why a get so frustrated with the entire Jet front office, that whole bunch is totally out of the loop. We sure could use a second round pick going into the 2019 draft. 

TO THINK WE GAVE HIM UP FOR A LOUSY THIRD ROUND PICKS TO THE SAINTS, WITCH WILL BE AROUND THE 83 PICK IN THE DRAFT. I wonder it Macc will give that away for nothing like he did once before.

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Now that Jimmy G is gone for the year what do you think Bridgewater is worth now? The 49ers have brought in seven QB's for try outs. I hated getting rid of Bridgewater, the Jets could have gotten at least a second round pick for him maybe more. We all know sometime during the year that some QB would go down. How come Macc, didn't know that? It is moves like this why a get so frustrated with the entire Jet front office, that whole bunch is totally out of the loop. We sure could use a second round pick going into the 2019 draft. 

TO THINK WE GAVE HIM UP FOR A LOUSY THIRD ROUND PICKS TO THE SAINTS, WITCH WILL BE AROUND THE 83 PICK IN THE DRAFT. I wonder it Macc will give that away for nothing like he did once before.

I still think we did good in that trade. People who think we were going to get some 1st 2nd Rounder for him were being very optimistic. There was risk in hanging onto him. Couple things... he could have got hurt in practice or in game and the organization might have wanted him out ASAP so there wasn’t any calling for Teddy talk if Darnold didn’t play well (like last week).

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I still think we did good in that trade. People who think we were going to get some 1st 2nd Rounder for him were being very optimistic. There was risk in hanging onto him. Couple things... he could have got hurt in practice or in game and the organization might have wanted him out ASAP so there wasn’t any calling for Teddy talk if Darnold didn’t play well (like last week).

Yeah. I don't see how the FO is expected to predict QB injuries. They had the opportunity to get value and they took it. I have no issue with the move.

Archived