The worst Qb Ranking list I’ve ever seen!

turtle28

On 8/24/2018 at 12:17 PM, Thomas5737 said:

Wentz is a heck of a lot higher on these lists than he was at this time last year so even with an injury he jumped up the list considerably.

Once you undergo a serious surgery you have to come back and prove that you are a top 10 or 5 player at your positon again. It’s almost like you are starting off as a rookie again and having to prove yourself; only it’s that you have to prove that you can be again what you once were before your serious injury.

Wentz isn’t even cleared for contact yet, how am I supposed to put him above a QB who’s 100% healthy and been 100% healthy all offseaon?

On 8/25/2018 at 6:32 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Well Wentz before his injury was being ranked in top 3-5. Deservedly so. His injury has seen him slide down these lists, which is my point.

I don't buy that. He may have been having a top 3 or top 5 season but once the season resets you take more than just the previous season into consideration. Even if he finished it healthy he probably shouldn't be passing Brees, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Brady or Rodgers just yet.

On 2018-08-23 at 9:46 AM, Raves said:

Hot garbage.

On 2018-08-23 at 1:42 PM, Breesus mode said:

Drew Brees NUMBER 10!?!? 

I was looking for Brees on the list here, and thought there must have been a misprint. I would have Bress top 3 and I am not a former nfl player.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/08/2018 at 2:46 PM, iknowcool said:

Such as? 

And you can’t just ignore context.  You know that.  If AB missed half a season, he’d still be ranked #1 (or #2 if you prefer Julio).  Same with Donald.  These are proven dominant players with years of body of work.  

And the last season I remember Rodgers missing time in was 2013 (whatever it was when they played the 49ers first), but he returned to help the Packers win the division in the last week.  So he’s only missed time in 2 seasons and returned to make playoffs in 1.  I’m not sure why you think his ranking should be affected or how it’s a double standard.

JJ Watt. He won't be number 1 on anyone's list now, but he had 3 years' body of work with unprecedented (ever) numbers in terms of....everything. Bet he's nowhere now. Out of 112 possible games from his debut, he's played in 88 (75%). In the same timespan, Rodgers has played in 95 (from 112). Not a million miles apart. Both elite in their positions - A-rod never drops below 2, but I wonder where Watt is?

On 26/08/2018 at 7:18 PM, Thomas5737 said:

I don't buy that. He may have been having a top 3 or top 5 season but once the season resets you take more than just the previous season into consideration. Even if he finished it healthy he probably shouldn't be passing Brees, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Brady or Rodgers just yet.

I agree. But then we need to be specific on what we mean then. Do we actually mean best QBs, or just best QBs of the last 5 weeks? It's never the latter, is it. It's some weird concoction of both. Which is why we have Rodgers at number 2 and Wentz in top 5. Anyway, it's all bit playground this. Moving on :D

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

JJ Watt. He won't be number 1 on anyone's list now, but he had 3 years' body of work with unprecedented (ever) numbers in terms of....everything. Bet he's nowhere now. Out of 112 possible games from his debut, he's played in 88 (75%). In the same timespan, Rodgers has played in 95 (from 112). Not a million miles apart. Both elite in their positions - A-rod never drops below 2, but I wonder where Watt is?

Watt has basically missed 2 straight seasons.  Rodgers only missed roughly half.  Why do you keep trying to act like it’s the same?

He has far more recent MVP-like level of play than Watt has hence why he hasn’t dropped.  It isn’t a mystery.

10 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Watt has basically missed 2 straight seasons.  Rodgers only missed roughly half.  Why do you keep trying to act like it’s the same?

He has far more recent MVP-like level of play than Watt has hence why he hasn’t dropped.  It isn’t a mystery.

Also, Watt is playing a much more physical position. I think projecting decline after injury (a knee and back injury, to be specific) of a position like DE/DT is lot more justified than quarterback. 

Archived