The worst Qb Ranking list I’ve ever seen!

turtle28

40 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

Drew Brees NUMBER 10!?!? 

That’s the most agrregous of everything IMO and it’s mostly “hot garbage,” as @Raves so accurately said as the first reply. 

As a former Qb himself, Chris Simms has to respect Drew Brees even if he is 39. There’s just no justification for having him out of the top 5 and frankly there’s no justification for having Russell Wilson above him and Tom Brady. 

I’m fine with Wilson being around #5, but #2 is too high for him.

Last year was the first year where the Seattle’s defense wasn’t one of the top 5 in the league since Wilson was drafted and we all saw the team drop to an average team at 9-7. I mean, they lost to the Redskins at home towards the end of the season when the Redskins only had 2 OL starters finish that game.   

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s the most agrregous of everything IMO and it’s mostly “hot garbage,” as @Raves so accurately said as the first reply. 

As a former Qb himself, Chris Simms has to respect Drew Brees even if he is 39. There’s just no justification for having him out of the top 5 and frankly there’s no justification for having Russell Wilson above him and Tom Brady. 

Last year was the first year where the Seattle’s defense wasn’t one of the top 5 in the league since Wilson was drafted and we all saw the team drop to an average team at 9-7. I mean, they lost to the Redskins at home towards the end of the season when the Redskins only had 2 OL starters finish that game.   

I can certainly see the justification for having Wilson about Brees, tbh. And while Seattle's defense dropped to league average, they had no offense aside from Wilson the entire year. He had double the amount of rushing yards as their top two RB's did.

Either way, Wilson and Brees should both be in the top 5 and it's debatable IMO who is better right now between the two. Brees is trending downwards while Wilson continues to trend upwards. This list putting Brees where it did is a goddamn travesty.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I mean based off last season and how I expect this season to go, (recent trends) I have Russel Wilson above Brees by a slim margin.

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Russel Wilson
4. Drew Brees
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Matt Ryan
7. Matthew Stafford
8. Carson Wentz
9. Philip Rivers
10. Andrew Luck (Could definitely rise or fall depending on how this season goes)
HM: Jared Goff

Watson, Ryan, Cousins, Rivers, Luck and Jimmy G are all way too high. Newton is high, and considering he is coming off an ACL tear I think Wentz should be ranked lower heading into week 1. Carr is probably too high right now too. I don't mind Rodgers or Wilson being ranked higher than 41 year old Tom Brady, but I think an argument can easily be made against both of them since Rodgers is developing extensive injury history and Wilson isn't prolific yet the way Brady has been. Really curious to see if Ben will plumet this season or prove he can still get it done.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I can certainly see the justification for having Wilson about Brees, tbh. And while Seattle's defense dropped to league average, they had no offense aside from Wilson the entire year. He had double the amount of rushing yards as their top two RB's did.

Either way, Wilson and Brees should both be in the top 5 and it's debatable IMO who is better right now between the two. Brees is trending downwards while Wilson continues to trend upwards. This list putting Brees where it did is a goddamn travesty.

That’s true, it is debatable. I probably went to hard on the anti-Russ take. I didn’t realize Russ had 34 TDs last year.

I definitely wouldn’t have Russ over Brady though.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s true, it is debatable. I probably went to hard on the anti-Russ take. I didn’t realize Russ had 34 TDs last year.

I definitely wouldn’t have Russ over Brady though.

I wouldn't put him over Brady or Rodgers, but even 3rd in the NFL is right about where Wilson deserves to be. But regardless, Brees' placement on this list is a joke.

7 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Watson, Ryan, Cousins, Rivers, Luck and Jimmy G are all way too high. Newton is high, and considering he is coming off an ACL tear I think Wentz should be ranked lower heading into week 1. Carr is probably too high right now too. I don't mind Rodgers or Wilson being ranked higher than 41 year old Tom Brady, but I think an argument can easily be made against both of them since Rodgers is developing extensive injury history and Wilson isn't prolific yet the way Brady has been. Really curious to see if Ben will plumet this season or prove he can still get it done.

I think Ben will be Ben for a few more years, nothings changed to say he won’t be.

I think he’ll once again throw for 4,000 yds plus, near 30 TDs and have less than 15 ints. 

I thihk Rivers got really hosed on this list too. He’s a top 10 QB. Def Rivers over Cam and imo Rivers over Stafford too. I think Stafford is top 10, but not top 5.

37 minutes ago, Danger said:

I mean based off last season and how I expect this season to go, (recent trends) I have Russel Wilson above Brees by a slim margin.

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Russel Wilson
4. Drew Brees
5. Ben Roethlisberger
6. Matt Ryan
7. Matthew Stafford
8. Carson Wentz
9. Philip Rivers
10. Andrew Luck (Could definitely rise or fall depending on how this season goes)
HM: Jared Goff

I can live with that list and the readoning. I don’t think Luck should be grandfathered into the top 10, he hasn’t played a regular season game in a while and is coming back off of shoulder surgery.

Hes been hit and miss in the preseason so far and as Louis Ridick said he’s still concerned about him because he isn’t doing much outside the numbers or down the field but some of that could be because TY has been out and they don’t have any other WRs who really stretch the fireld consistently.

Archived