The worst Qb Ranking list I’ve ever seen!

turtle28

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I can't stand Tom Brady or the Patriots and am rooting hard for an epic nose-dive for them this year, but I can't take any ranking of the current starting QB's in the league that DOESN'T have Brady at #1 seriously.  Then you got Russell Wilson at #2 (ahead of Brady) which is just silly, then Stafford at #4 which is idiotic.  Wentz has had one great (albeit incomplete) season and he's somehow 5th, while Watson (who I really like, btw) is at 8th after just 7 games in the NFL?  I don't care how great any of the second or third year QB's have looked so far in their young careers, none of them has done enough IMO to be ranked so highly overall just because the sample size is so small.  Guys like Wentz, Goff, Prescott, Watson, Garappolo, etc are really exciting young players but they simply haven't done enough in this league to eclipse guys like Drew Brees, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, etc.  Their time will come, but not yet (hell, I don't even think guys like Winston and Mariota have played enough to really make concrete judgments about their overall ranking).

Here is my own personal list of the 32 starting QBs this year (note that I ranked all the rookies at the bottom but that doesn't mean I don't think they will be good):

1 - Tom Brady

2 - Aaron Rodgers

3 - Drew Brees

4 - Ben Roethlisberger

5 - Russell Wilson

6 - Matt Ryan

7 - Andrew Luck (if healthy)

8 - Philip Rivers

9 - Matthew Stafford

10 - Carson Wentz

11 - Cam Newton

12 - Jared Goff

13 - Kirk Cousins

14 - Alex Smith

15 - Derek Carr

16 - Deshaun Watson

17 - Jimmy Garappolo

18 - Eli Manning

19 - Sam Bradford (if healthy)

20 - Dak Prescott

21- Marcus Mariota

22 - Joe Flacco

23 - Tyrod Taylor

24 - Case Keenum

25 - Mitch Trubisky

26 - Andy Dalton

27 - Blake Bortles

28 - Ryan Tannehill

29 - Jameis Winston

30 - Pat Mahomes

31 - Sam Darnold

32 - Josh Allen

Incidentally, ranking all 32 QBs is a lot harder than I thought it would be and I'm sure there will be a lot of hate for my list as well, but I think its a hell of a lot more sane than Chris Simms' silly list.  Try ranking all 32 yourself and you'll see what I mean about how hard it is to figure out where everybody should go...

3 hours ago, megatechpc said:

I can't stand Tom Brady or the Patriots and am rooting hard for an epic nose-dive for them this year, but I can't take any ranking of the current starting QB's in the league that DOESN'T have Brady at #1 seriously.  Then you got Russell Wilson at #2 (ahead of Brady) which is just silly, then Stafford at #4 which is idiotic.  Wentz has had one great (albeit incomplete) season and he's somehow 5th, while Watson (who I really like, btw) is at 8th after just 7 games in the NFL?  I don't care how great any of the second or third year QB's have looked so far in their young careers, none of them has done enough IMO to be ranked so highly overall just because the sample size is so small.  Guys like Wentz, Goff, Prescott, Watson, Garappolo, etc are really exciting young players but they simply haven't done enough in this league to eclipse guys like Drew Brees, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, etc.  Their time will come, but not yet (hell, I don't even think guys like Winston and Mariota have played enough to really make concrete judgments about their overall ranking).

Here is my own personal list of the 32 starting QBs this year (note that I ranked all the rookies at the bottom but that doesn't mean I don't think they will be good):

1 - Tom Brady

2 - Aaron Rodgers

3 - Drew Brees

4 - Ben Roethlisberger

5 - Russell Wilson

6 - Matt Ryan

7 - Andrew Luck (if healthy)

8 - Philip Rivers

9 - Matthew Stafford

10 - Carson Wentz

11 - Cam Newton

12 - Jared Goff

13 - Kirk Cousins

14 - Alex Smith

15 - Derek Carr

16 - Deshaun Watson

17 - Jimmy Garappolo

18 - Eli Manning

19 - Sam Bradford (if healthy)

20 - Dak Prescott

21- Marcus Mariota

22 - Joe Flacco

23 - Tyrod Taylor

24 - Case Keenum

25 - Mitch Trubisky

26 - Andy Dalton

27 - Blake Bortles

28 - Ryan Tannehill

29 - Jameis Winston

30 - Pat Mahomes

31 - Sam Darnold

32 - Josh Allen

Incidentally, ranking all 32 QBs is a lot harder than I thought it would be and I'm sure there will be a lot of hate for my list as well, but I think its a hell of a lot more sane than Chris Simms' silly list.  Try ranking all 32 yourself and you'll see what I mean about how hard it is to figure out where everybody should go...

I think you have Luck too high, he should be around where you have Eli and Bradford because  Luck has to prove just as much as Wentz and Watson coming off his major shoulder surgery. I’d also have Kenum and Dalton higher,. Dalton is an average starter. It boggles my mind how he gets sold short show much but he generally puts up average numbers. I guess I should do my own, good suggestion:

1.Tom Brady

2. Aaron Rodgers

3. Drew Brees

4. Ben Roethlisberger

5. Russell Wilson

6. Philip Rivers

7. Matt Ryan 

8. Matthew Stafford

9. Cam Newton

10. Jared Goff 

11. Kirk Cousins

12. Alex Smith

13. Derek Carr

14. Eli Manning

15. Case Kenum 

16. Sam Bradford 

17. Andy Dalton 

18. Joe Flacco  

19. Jimmy Garappolo

20. Dak Prescott

This is where I put the QBs returning from major injury who have a lot to prove. An ACL and major shoulder surgery will take time to overcome, it has for all QBs, even the great ones. I think they’ll all be inconsistent to start the year but have good second halves of the year but still, I don’t see Luck, Watson or Wentz putting up top 10 numbers this year. 

21. Andrew Luck 

22. Carson Wentz 

23. DeShaun Watson

24. Ryan Tannehill

25. Tyrod Taylor

26. Blake Bortles

27. Marcus Mariota

28. Mitch Trubisky

29. Jameis Winston

30. Pat Mahomes

31. Sam Darnold

32. Josh Allen

17 hours ago, Spartacus said:

There is only one thing one can do with a list like this. Post GIFs

Image result for Jaguars fan gif

The best thing of about this GIF (and why it’s my favorite of all time)...isnt just because “Jaguar guy”. You can see each fans’ response. You have the two on the top...one says “they don’t know what the ___ that they’re doing while hand talking, and his buddy says “man” while sighing. The guy that looks like The Rock in the bottom right looks like he wants to kill someone. The guy right next to him that looks like Reek on GoT can only chuckle. The guy in the bottom left gestures to the field and rubs his head. The gray haired gentleman immediately to the left of “Jaguar guy” quietly says “that’s ballgame” while shaking his head. It’s a perfectly captured 5 second clip of emotion. 

I prefer to rank QBs by tier:

Elite
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees

Great
Ben Roethlisberger
Carson Wentz
Matt Ryan
Philip Rivers
Russell Wilson

Good
Andrew Luck
Cam Newton
Dak Prescott
Kirk Cousins
Matt Stafford

Average
Alex Smith
Andy Dalton
Blake Bortles
Derek Carr
Jameis Winston
Joe Flacco
Ryan Tannehill
Tyrod Taylor

Unknown
Case Keenum
Deshaun Watson
Jared Goff
Jimmy Garappolo
Josh Allen
Josh Rosen
Marcus Mariota
Mitch Trubisky
Patrick Mahomes
Sam Darnold

Crap
Eli Manning

Just out of interest; people seem to penalise players that were injured most of the season in their player rankings (for example Watt is no longer considered the best defender, Wentz has been downgraded in a lot of these because coming off ACL tear). Never seems to upset Rodgers' position on these lists. Why not? 

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Just out of interest; people seem to penalise players that were injured most of the season in their player rankings (for example Watt is no longer considered the best defender, Wentz has been downgraded in a lot of these because coming off ACL tear). Never seems to upset Rodgers' position on these lists. Why not? 

Perhaps it is because of the nature of Rodgers' injury?  Rodgers came back from his last broken collarbone with a vengeance.  Wentz is a young QB without the resume of Arod's.  Having a serious leg injury can be a bigger injury for Watt.   Plus he had a back injury the year before.  I am a big JJ fan and I hope he is back as good as new in 2018.

40 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The situations aren’t comparable whatsoever.

Watt: Nobody really started questioning his ranking until he missed a 2nd consecutive season.  Rodgers by comparison only missed about half.

Wentz: Wentz only has about 3/4ths worth of MVP play.  Rodgers has a baller for almost a decade now. 

Now if Rodgers had missed 2 straight seasons or was a 24 year old with a limited body of work, he probably would have his elite status question but alas.  He only missed about half, more or less.

Archived