Preseason Week 3: Indianapolis Colts vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Meh, I wouldn't say that. I've liked how the corners have covered on the outside. What's killed us more than anything are two missed tackles and then biting on that PA. Luck has had to tuck it at least four times due to the coverage. 

We've been shredded by every first team offense we have played. Maybe with everyone healthy, we can get a more consistent pass rush, but that's also not Armstead and Thomas' specialty (hoping the latter is better this year). Maybe we are just playing some really vanilla looks and with some more exotic scheming we generate more of a rush, but there's no way you look at what we have done against opposing starting quarterbacks in the pre season and be encouraged, particularly given that the pass defense was a major question mark coming into the season.

Just now, Forge said:

We've been shredded by every first team offense we have played. Maybe with everyone healthy, we can get a more consistent pass rush, but that's also not Armstead and Thomas' specialty (hoping the latter is better this year). Maybe we are just playing some really vanilla looks and with some more exotic scheming we generate more of a rush, but there's no way you look at what we have done against opposing starting quarterbacks in the pre season and be encouraged, particularly given that the pass defense was a major question mark coming into the season.

First two games sure. But today i've seen a lot of tight coverage by our corners. Today the issue like I've said has been more so missing tackles and then biting on those two play actions. And Luck has had at least three or four dropbacks where he's had nothing opened and had to scramble.

I feel like Jimmy G should have just thrown it to Goodwin there but wanted to show he can scramble a bit himself lol.

Side note - Wilson has also looked better than both McNichols and Williams running the football.  The latter is ticketed for IR or to be waived I'm sure, but do you give the PS spot to McNichols or Wilson as a running back?

Just now, Forge said:

Side note - Wilson has also looked better than both McNichols and Williams running the football.  The latter is ticketed for IR or to be waived I'm sure, but do you give the PS spot to McNichols or Wilson as a running back?

Looking at today I'd say Wilson. 

Just now, Forge said:

I was going to mention Wilson as well. He looked good when he played against Houston too. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Wilson. 

Archived