Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

9 hours ago, germ-x said:

Exactly.  I have no issue with the Ertz TD.  He clearly had possession and made a football move.  The Clement TD should have been incomplete.  He never had control prior to his foot being out of bounds.  

I totally agree with you. I thought Ertz TD was a good call and glad it stood. The Clement TD was really iffy for me. It was called a TD initially so that may have been the reason to just have it be upheld? But that one appeared to be incomplete to me.

26 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I totally agree with you. I thought Ertz TD was a good call and glad it stood. The Clement TD was really iffy for me. It was called a TD initially so that may have been the reason to just have it be upheld? But that one appeared to be incomplete to me.

At full speed it looked like a TD and I have no issue with the original call. However, replay is there to get the call right.  When slowed down and watching the replay it was pretty obvious the ball was moving when his foot went out of bounds.

It blows my mind that numerous officials in New York as well as at the game reviewed that play and still ruled it a catch.    Millions of fans at home half drunk could see that call should’ve been overturned.

9 minutes ago, germ-x said:

At full speed it looked like a TD and I have no issue with the original call. However, replay is there to get the call right.  When slowed down and watching the replay it was pretty obvious the ball was moving when his foot went out of bounds.

It blows my mind that numerous officials in New York as well as at the game reviewed that play and still ruled it a catch.    Millions of fans at home half drunk could see that call should’ve been overturned.

Yes, one would think having replay and numerous officials in NY would get the call right but that's the NFL for you.

7 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Malcolm Butler is going to get a 1 year deal.  After trading Jamie Collins who sucked this year I'm not touching a home grown New England player. Especially one who is in the dog house.

Chandler Jones is still great, no?

The Patriots way has it's issues. A massive lack of talent on that team. Their pass rush was embarrassing. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Chandler Jones is still great, no?

The Patriots way has it's issues. A massive lack of talent on that team. Their pass rush was embarrassing. 

True thats the only mistake. 8 superbowl appearances says it all. And jones had no issues with bb it was a money thing.

Edited by thebestever6

12 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

True thats the only mistake. 8 superbowl appearances says it all. And jones had no issues with bb it was a money thing.

Eh they've made more than one. But yeah i mean no doubt. It's why they are so great. It's also the reason for their failures. 

15 hours ago, iLikeDefense said:

So there are two fan bases that absolutely hate Josh McDaniels now.

The same two franchises I follow. :D

Take it you guys don't think he would have been a good fit for Indy then?

I wasn't sold as I knew what he'd done here. Hopefully we'll be able to find a guy who appreciates the job and buys in at Lucas Oil.

• Like 1

And as for McDaniels - I genuinely couldn't despise him any more. 

Patriot fans on social media remind me so much of Liverpool FC fans - insistent on defending the indefensible. People are genuinely trying to make out like he's a family man for making this decision.

What exactly did he think he was going to have to when he applied for the job? SKYPE from New England on gameday?

I cannot wait for Brady to retire to watch that franchise fall by the wayside; hopefully with McDaniels at the helm.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

My dude! It would be a date, although we'd have to get an MUFC game in beforehand @champ11 ...

As if you can tag people on this site now! I remember the days where you couldn't even reply to comments

i stopped watching arsenal post grad so glory glory man united when I come out