Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

And as for McDaniels - I genuinely couldn't despise him any more. 

Patriot fans on social media remind me so much of Liverpool FC fans - insistent on defending the indefensible. People are genuinely trying to make out like he's a family man for making this decision.

What exactly did he think he was going to have to when he applied for the job? SKYPE from New England on gameday?

I cannot wait for Brady to retire to watch that franchise fall by the wayside; hopefully with McDaniels at the helm.

Ikr, he really thought about the families of the other coaches now bound to Indy.

Oh boy - looks like his agent just dropped him, stating, "McDaniels was committing professional suicide" http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22356955/josh-mcdaniels-agent-bob-lamonte-quitting-colts-mess

Edited by The Helicopter
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

Maybe this can get @AnAngryAmerican to stop trashing Joe Ellis....

Like hell it will. Broncos PR lackey Tweets out something that makes his boss look good?

Joe Ellis needs to get this franchise on track. Plain and simple. Get a stadium naming rights partner so we're not stuck with second-rate coaches. In the words of the coach he hired, "do your job and quit f***ing s*** up!"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Like hell it will. Broncos PR lackey Tweets out something that makes his boss look good?

Joe Ellis needs to get this franchise on track. Plain and simple. Get a stadium naming rights partner so we're not stuck with second-rate coaches. In the words of the coach he hired, "do your job and quit f***ing s*** up!"

I totally agree with you. Joe Ellis is the type to say all the right things but I want results and less spoken words.

• Like 1

I don't get the backlash about Mcdaniels. Bill B said he's gonna open the vault of roster building and coaching to him. Thats irreplaceable.  I'd honestly do the same thing. This is a business. I probably wouldn't want to even interview though. That's where he went wrong. I have a feeling he did it to get a raise from New England. Which is messed up to the coaches on his colts staff.

The Patriots honestly sound like the dark side in starwars.

21 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I don't get the backlash about Mcdaniels. Bill B said he's gonna open the vault of roster building and coaching to him. Thats irreplaceable.  I'd honestly do the same thing. This is a business. I probably wouldn't want to even interview though. That's where he went wrong. I have a feeling he did it to get a raise from New England. Which is messed up to the coaches on his colts staff.

Seems odd they'd wait until the 11th hour to make that pitch and get it to stick. Usually, a person's mind is already made up and there's too many wheels in motion. The 'negotiations' are usually starting well in advance. I don't see this as an oops, let's not let our boy get away move. These guys are too savvy for this crap. There's more going on IMO.

Someone got played from the onset.

Edited by The Helicopter
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

come again?

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 3:52 PM, The Helicopter said:

Someone got played from the onset.

It was Irsay and Ballard who got played. This was payback for Deflategate. The Colts franchise might not know it now, but the coaches they're interviewing are all superior candidates to Mac. The Colts dodged a bullet and Mac showed his true colors, rendering himself unemployable outside the New England franchise. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

You know whats weird I got over the 2013 Seattle loss and didn't realize it. At rhe time it sucked it also sucked after 2015 because realistically this team could of won 3 out of 4 years they could of won it in 2012. 

But to see how dominant seattle has been from 2012 to 2016 and how imo they have the best superbowl team of the decade makes it easier.

20 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Can we stop with Rueben Foster now he was arrested on domestic violence elways biggest mistakes are at qb in Brock and lynch. 

Gotta agree. 10 years down the line, selecting Bolles over Foster will look like the best call of the draft. Bolles will look pretty great and Foster will be another undersized ILB that never really amounted to anything.

Just my opinion of course.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Gotta agree. 10 years down the line, selecting Bolles over Foster will look like the best call of the draft. Bolles will look pretty great and Foster will be another undersized ILB that never really amounted to anything.

Just my opinion of course.

I mean broncofan wants to write off pot because you get 4 chances but domestic violence? I mean he's the next Aldon Smith imo.