Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
vike daddy

Behold Da Bearz!

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

I'm never going to worry about the Bears.  I think they'll be decent, but I'm just not a big Trubisky guy.  He's got a lot of Cade McNown to him.  He may be better than McNown, but I just view him in the same class of Bears QB history as Sexy Rexy, Jim Miller, Mike Tomczak, and Erik Kramer.  I don't see anything that he is really good at.  

I always worry about the Bears.  It doesn't matter how good or bad either of our teams is, they are always capable of beating us.  Case in point: Week 15 in 2009.  We lost to a horrible Bears team and that loss cost us the first seed in the playoffs.  Instead of playing the Saints in the Dome, we had to go down there and the rest is history.  IMHO, losing a game to 'da Bears that we absolutely should have won ended up costing us the Super Bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike Zimmer is 6-2 in four years against the Bears. 4-0 at home and 2-2 on the road.
The Bears have only scored over 10 points once in Minneapolis since Zimmer was hired (38-17 W in 2015).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I always worry about the Bears.  It doesn't matter how good or bad either of our teams is, they are always capable of beating us.  Case in point: Week 15 in 2009.  We lost to a horrible Bears team and that loss cost us the first seed in the playoffs.  Instead of playing the Saints in the Dome, we had to go down there and the rest is history.  IMHO, losing a game to 'da Bears that we absolutely should have won ended up costing us the Super Bowl.

 

Generally not at home, but in Soldier Field.  But, really, my comment was geared more towards that I don't worry about the Bears in the big picture, not just in games against the Vikings.  They have short stints of being competitive, but like the Lions, in the last 30 years, they've been fairly non-competitive in the division.  Since 1990, they've won the division 4 times, and only finished in the top 2 7 times (and have only made the playoffs 6 times).  Until they prove otherwise, this division belongs to the Vikings and Packers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, swede700 said:

Generally not at home, but in Soldier Field.  But, really, my comment was geared more towards that I don't worry about the Bears in the big picture, not just in games against the Vikings.  They have short stints of being competitive, but like the Lions, in the last 30 years, they've been fairly non-competitive in the division.  Since 1990, they've won the division 4 times, and only finished in the top 2 7 times (and have only made the playoffs 6 times).  Until they prove otherwise, this division belongs to the Vikings and Packers.  

Wow, 4 times? I'm actually surprised it's that high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Klomp said:

Wow, 4 times? I'm actually surprised it's that high.

Lovie Smith had some good teams with his defense.  That 2006 team was "who we thought they were."  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Lovie Smith had some good teams with his defense.  That 2006 team was "who we thought they were."  :D

On another note, Lovie's certainly doing wonders with that Illini team, ain't he?  ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Klomp said:

Wow, 4 times? I'm actually surprised it's that high.

From 1990-2017, this includes when Tampa was in the NFC Central, the Packers won the division 12 times, the Vikings 8 times, the Bears 5 times, the Lions twice, and the Bucs were division champs 1 time. 

 

1990 Chicago Bears 11–5 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
1991 Detroit Lions 12–4 Lost NFC Championship Game
1992 Minnesota Vikings 11–5 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
1993 Detroit Lions 10–6 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
1994 Minnesota Vikings 10–6 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
1995 Green Bay Packers 11–5 Lost NFC Championship Game
1996 Green Bay Packers 13–3 Won Super Bowl XXXI
1997 Green Bay Packers 13–3 Lost Super Bowl XXXII
1998 Minnesota Vikings 15–1 Lost NFC Championship Game
1999 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 11–5 Lost NFC Championship Game
2000 Minnesota Vikings 11–5 Lost NFC Championship Game
2001 Chicago Bears 13–3 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
NFC North
2002 Green Bay Packers 12–4 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
2003 Green Bay Packers 10–6 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
2004 Green Bay Packers 10–6 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
2005 Chicago Bears 11–5 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
2006 Chicago Bears 13–3 Lost Super Bowl XLI
2007 Green Bay Packers 13–3 Lost NFC Championship Game
2008 Minnesota Vikings 10–6 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
2009 Minnesota Vikings 12–4 Lost NFC Championship Game
2010 Chicago Bears 11–5 Lost NFC Championship Game
2011 Green Bay Packers 15–1 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
2012 Green Bay Packers 11–5 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
2013 Green Bay Packers 8–7–1 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
2014 Green Bay Packers 12–4 Lost NFC Championship Game
2015 Minnesota Vikings 11–5 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
2016 Green Bay Packers 10–6 Lost NFC Championship Game
2017 Minnesota Vikings

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFC_North

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Were the Bucs in the NFC South when they won the Super Bowl, or did they win it as a wild card team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Klomp said:

Were the Bucs in the NFC South when they won the Super Bowl, or did they win it as a wild card team?

Yes. 2002 was the first year of the current divisional setup, and the Bucs won the South and were the 2nd seed behind Philadelphia. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

From 1990-2017, this includes when Tampa was in the NFC Central, the Packers won the division 12 times, the Vikings 8 times, the Bears 5 times, the Lions twice, and the Bucs were division champs 1 time. 

 

1990 Chicago Bears 11–5 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
1991 Detroit Lions 12–4 Lost NFC Championship Game
1992 Minnesota Vikings 11–5 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
1993 Detroit Lions 10–6 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
1994 Minnesota Vikings 10–6 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
1995 Green Bay Packers 11–5 Lost NFC Championship Game
1996 Green Bay Packers 13–3 Won Super Bowl XXXI
1997 Green Bay Packers 13–3 Lost Super Bowl XXXII
1998 Minnesota Vikings 15–1 Lost NFC Championship Game
1999 Tampa Bay Buccaneers 11–5 Lost NFC Championship Game
2000 Minnesota Vikings 11–5 Lost NFC Championship Game
2001 Chicago Bears 13–3 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
NFC North
2002 Green Bay Packers 12–4 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
2003 Green Bay Packers 10–6 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
2004 Green Bay Packers 10–6 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
2005 Chicago Bears 11–5 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
2006 Chicago Bears 13–3 Lost Super Bowl XLI
2007 Green Bay Packers 13–3 Lost NFC Championship Game
2008 Minnesota Vikings 10–6 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
2009 Minnesota Vikings 12–4 Lost NFC Championship Game
2010 Chicago Bears 11–5 Lost NFC Championship Game
2011 Green Bay Packers 15–1 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
2012 Green Bay Packers 11–5 Lost NFC Divisional Playoffs
2013 Green Bay Packers 8–7–1 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
2014 Green Bay Packers 12–4 Lost NFC Championship Game
2015 Minnesota Vikings 11–5 Lost NFC Wild Card Playoffs
2016 Green Bay Packers 10–6 Lost NFC Championship Game
2017 Minnesota Vikings

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFC_North

 

Is my memory completely gone?  I thought the Packers won the Super Bowl after the 2011 season?  I thought they beat Pittsburg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Packers have been the #KingsoftheNorth winning 9 of 16 division titles since the NFC North was created. Time to start taking that claim from them, *off to a decent start with 2/4 with Zimmer. About to be 3/5 :D

Edited by VikeManDan
*of to off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

Is my memory completely gone?  I thought the Packers won the Super Bowl after the 2011 season?  I thought they beat Pittsburg.

As the 6th Seed, they actually lost the divison but later beat Chicago in the NFC Championship game at Solider Field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair or Foul?  I personally think it's a ridiculous take because less of the Bears' front 7 are proven commodities.   Check back with me in 2 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fair to say they're comparable but no way are the Bears clearly better. 

Packers writers are doing the thing this week where they argue that the Vikings aren't that good so they can pump up the fans about how easy the game will be for GB this weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×