Behold Da Bearz!

vike daddy

29 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Oh yeah, I know, but coming in, he should have tried to put him in the best position to succeed. He's a high draft pick with impressive physical traits. At least try to see what he's really got instead of having him running for his life.

That said, the pick of Eberflus as head coach was also a horrendous move.

I guess Eberflus did deserve an opportunity, but I did think it was a bad omen to replace one Matt (Nagy) & Ryan (Pace) with another Matt (Eberflus) & Ryan (Poles). 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 2

I think while the coaching staff can be blamed some, I think this makes Fields look worse because he apparently isn't aware enough to know when to stay in the pocket and when to run.  It's one thing to work on staying in the pocket, but I'm pretty sure they didn't tell him to always stay in the pocket. 

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think while the coaching staff can be blamed some, I think this makes Fields look worse because he apparently isn't aware enough to know when to stay in the pocket and when to run.  It's one thing to work on staying in the pocket, but I'm pretty sure they didn't tell him to always stay in the pocket. 

I think it's a finer line than you're making it. Yes, his internal clock needs to go off, but when your coaches spend an offseason telling you to change your internal clock, that can make you even slower. They broke him. Just watch his drop backs in the second half of last year and compare it to how slow it looks now. Everything about how he is playing is bad and changed over the offseason.

• Like 1

It's a hot mess 2 games into the season for the Bears.  Their LT is likely going on IR with a potentially season-ending neck injury, are considering moving their rookie RT to LT, Williams is nowhere to be found (supposedly dealing with personal issue...who knows, maybe he walked away like his buddy, Leslie), Fields is blaming the coaching staff on his lack of development and they're heading to Arrowhead this weekend.

• Like 3

Listening to Fields’ entire comments, he’s not wrong. It’s not good that he said what he said publicly, but Fields is far from the only problem in Chicago. 

My two biggest questions are, can Fields be fixed? And, who does Poles pull the plug on first, Fields or Eberflus? 

Pulling the plug on Fields, allows Poles to place the blame on the previous GM. Pulling the plug on Eberflus is an admission that Poles made a mistake hiring him. 

Personally, I think that the coaching staff is the bigger issue in Chicago, and the decision that Poles makes is going to say a lot about him as a GM. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I think this is a clear sign that they're drafting a new QB in 2024...and likely hiring a new coach on top of it as I don't see how Eberflus can survive the mismanagement.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Poles trade Fields in the offseason. 

Glad we didn’t hire Poles. Wasn’t he a final candidate here? 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

@CBears019 @Madmike90 @Ty21

what the heck is actually going on, anybody know...?

No clue.  Eberflus had a presser today where he was repeatedly asked what the status of Williams was, is Williams still the DC, etc.  Each time Flus responded, “i dont have an update on that right now.”

Something weird is going on, and I suspect Alan Williams coached his last game for the bears.