What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

As long as we get to permanently ban Piers Morgan tbh, deal. We'll take knock-off, British, not as good a comedian John Stewart.

I don't mind piers.

He's a scummy person (phone tapping scandal etc.)

But he's often willing to say what others are too afraid to say, which I appreciate.

1 hour ago, texans_uk said:

I don't mind piers.

He's a scummy person (phone tapping scandal etc.)

But he's often willing to say what others are too afraid to say, which I appreciate.

Great, keep him. When we get a good comedian who is a worthy successor to John Stewart, we'll send Oliver back with all those sweater vests.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I was thinking the same thing yesterday lol

It could be way worse. I'd trade Dennis Miller to the UK for a used colonies flag and a bag of tea.

And that's coming from someone who struggles through the few episodes of Oliver's show that I have seen. The writing can be funny, but the delivery, which is basically a guy who starts yelling and bouncing around like a bunny rabbit, is tough tbh. He was on Community and was much funnier in a laid back, relatively deadpan kind of role (which wasn't deadpan for anyone else, but was for him).

We need John Stewart back. Colbert can only do so much, and as much as the satire shtick is solid whether it's him or PFTCommenter, there's only so much of that you can handle in one sitting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

It could be way worse. I'd trade Dennis Miller to the UK for a used colonies flag and a bag of tea.

And that's coming from someone who struggles through the few episodes of Oliver's show that I have seen. The writing can be funny, but the delivery, which is basically a guy who starts yelling and bouncing around like a bunny rabbit, is tough tbh. He was on Community and was much funnier in a laid back, relatively deadpan kind of role (which wasn't deadpan for anyone else, but was for him).

We need John Stewart back. Colbert can only do so much, and as much as the satire shtick is solid whether it's him or PFTCommenter, there's only so much of that you can handle in one sitting.

None of these guys bother me at all. Y’all act like someone is holding you down in front of the TV with your eyes duct taped open. ? 

I like Oliver’s show personally, I like that he digs into topics much more than most “news” programs and offers an educated point of view.  I also love that he craps on local news station’s cheesy antics.

Colbert is funny, but the political stuff is tedious imo, he’s beat the same drum for 2 years now, I get it.

How Trevor Noah got a job is beyond me.

Stewart is a legend, no doubt.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

None of these guys bother me at all. Y’all act like someone is holding you down in front of the TV with your eyes duct taped open. ? 

I like Oliver’s show personally, I like that he digs into topics much more than most “news” programs and offers an educated point of view.  I also love that he craps on local news station’s cheesy antics.

Colbert is funny, but the political stuff is tedious imo, he’s beat the same drum for 2 years now, I get it.

How Trevor Noah got a job is beyond me.

Stewart is a legend, no doubt.

I like the writing on his show, more for the depth than the comedy. Some of it is funny, like when he roasted Mike Pence pretty good and the children's book he had made at the end had me cracking up.

If you get tired of the political slant (tbh that's why it works with him though) but love the satire angle, check out PardonMyTake and PFTCommenter on twitter. He is basically a Colbert impression of the average Barstool listener and is absolutely hilarious. It's pretty much just nonstop stuff like this:

• Like 1