What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

21 hours ago, iPwn said:

I just learned that it’s a door jamb, not a door jam...

My life is a lie.

I've done carpentry off and on since 2004, and the first carpenter I worked for had done it for over 30 years before he found out the leveling tool was spelled "plumb bob." He spelled it "plumbob" when he made a list of things for me to go to RP and get. I handed him the plumb bob with a note saying he was "eel iterate."

Seeing his frown mirror the bend of his mustache was awesome.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, MWil23 said:
Well worth a watch on this meat eating 4th of July 

This is the continuation of a never ending cycle of complaining:

1. Vegans complaining about meat eaters
  2. Meat eaters complaining about preachy vegans
  3. Preachy vegans complaining about preachy meat eaters
  4. Repeat step 2

What we really should be doing as we remember our country's independence is complaining about the British.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This is the continuation of a never ending cycle of complaining:

1. Vegans complaining about meat eaters
  2. Meat eaters complaining about preachy vegans
  3. Preachy vegans complaining about preachy meat eaters
  4. Repeat step 2

What we really should be doing as we remember our country's independence is complaining about the British.

I dunno. It's pretty American for half of us to hate the other half.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
  • Meat eaters complaining about preachy vegans
  • Preachy vegans complaining about preachy meat eaters

How is complaining about preachy vegans being preachy?

I have some preachy vegans friends who I like to toy with, but I don't actually try to talk them out of it or tell them it's bad. That's not preaching.

13 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

How is complaining about preachy vegans being preachy?

I have some preachy vegans friends who I like to toy with, but I don't actually try to talk them out of it or tell them it's bad. That's not preaching.

How many times have we heard a variation of the "how do you spot a vegan? oh don't worry they'll tell you" joke.

Meat eaters (normal people, I don't know how to describe this) saying all vegans talk about being vegan all the time is the new vegans talking about being vegan all the time tbh. I think that sentence makes sense.

So then it's going to get continually more meta and up it's own butt. In a year or two we're going to be sick of vegans talking about how meat eaters talk about how vegans talk about being vegan all the time.

11 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

And when I say toy with them, I mean say things like "if God didn't intend for us to eat meat, why would he make pigs so delicious?" That's not preaching, that's just banter.

Entirely accurate and acceptable and not what I'm talking about.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

a plumb bob is not a leveling tool. it is the opposite of a leveling tool as it determines plumb, the vertical line at a right angle to level.

the more ya know... :D

Haha! I can't believe I typed that. I was so concentrated on correcting my spelling screw ups I didn't realize I put that it was a leveling tool.

Midnight, drunk from a LONG 4th, and carpentry don't mix.

In other news the Revel Stokes pecan whiskey is delicious.

23 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Anyone fall asleep on a leather sofa while completely covered in sweat? This morning I went to sit up it was like velcro. I had no idea it would make an audible sound as I peeled myself off of it.

My old car had leather seats, and i would have the same problem if i was in shorts and they bunched up at all.  I refuse to do leather furniture for this reason.

• Like 1