What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

We’ve sold out of fresh turkeys 

now is my favorite 2 hours of any shift ever, getting to talk condescendingly to people who waited until 2 hours before closing to get a turkey and won’t have time to defrost a frozen one and are now blaming me for ruining their thanksgiving meal lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dome said:

now is my favorite 2 hours of any shift ever, getting to talk condescendingly to people who waited until 2 hours before closing to get a turkey and won’t have time to defrost a frozen one and are now blaming me for ruining their thanksgiving meal lol

People are f'ing stupid 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

People are f'ing stupid 

True. But there’s no better feeling than someone you don’t know being mad at you and knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that they’re the ones in the wrong. I really have some fun with it lol

“so since you didn’t order enough fresh turkey, I’ll just get a frozen. What’s the best way to defrost it?”

”leave it in the fridge about a week.”

”thanksgiving is tomorrow”

”ah, well then maybe try it next year?”

13 minutes ago, Dome said:

This is why we go brisket and ham. I think somebody will bring a turkey tomorrow to my cousin's house, but doubt anyone will eat it...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

This is why we go brisket and ham. I think somebody will bring a turkey tomorrow to my cousin's house, but doubt anyone will eat it...

I brine and smoke a small turkey (NOT THIS YEAR), but prime rib is the main usually. We make a thanksgiving turkey so we can have the leftovers, not to enjoy on thanksgiving lol

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

But I think this year, there’s no beef on the menu at all.

That’s usually my deal and I’ve had access to my smoker this year taken away and refuse to do one in the oven. So the whole family will suffer through turkey breast rather than a 2” slab of prime rib on each of their plates.

im gonna bask in this 

32 minutes ago, Dome said:

1 hour ago, Mega Ron said:

Not all heroes wear capes. 

1 hour ago, Dome said:

True. But there’s no better feeling than someone you don’t know being mad at you and knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that they’re the ones in the wrong. I really have some fun with it lol

“so since you didn’t order enough fresh turkey, I’ll just get a frozen. What’s the best way to defrost it?”

”leave it in the fridge about a week.”

”thanksgiving is tomorrow”

”ah, well then maybe try it next year?”

I work retail. People being mad at me and knowing beyond a doubt that they're the ones in the wrong is something I'm accustomed to. 

• Like 1