What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Fun afternoon project, building a movie screen for watching movies in the backyard. We did a small version last year, but it wasn't that great, this time it's going to be large. Then watching John Wick outside tonight.

• Like 3

On 5/13/2019 at 8:03 AM, The Gnat said:

Fun afternoon project, building a movie screen for watching movies in the backyard. We did a small version last year, but it wasn't that great, this time it's going to be large. Then watching John Wick outside tonight.

Set-up worked really good. We had some nice speakers that we won't normally have, but even without them, it'll probably be nice. The image was nice and the screen worked really well, though we might add in a couple more supports. I'll share an image of what it looks like when I can.

It's time to put together the "GOAT fictional QB" tournament. I can start this today, but need criteria.

@ET80 @ramssuperbowl99 @LETSGOBROWNIES @Dome

The obvious are excluded:

*Anyone playing the part of a REAL PLAYER

The following are INCLUDED:

*The "Johnny Utah" rule from Point Break. We never actually see him play, but we know his accolades.

Other than that, I welcome suggestions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

It's time to put together the "GOAT fictional QB" tournament. I can start this today, but need criteria.

*The "Johnny Utah" rule from Point Break. We never actually see him play, but we know his accolades.

My only requirement is that we do not limit this to people that ever had movie dialogue about being a QB. But no superheros/non-humans like Optimus Prime or Terminator or anything. And batman counts as a super hero.

Who would be the better QB: John McClain or that dead chick from The Ring? Before you answer, the dead chick from The Ring is an all time film watcher.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I'm actually thinking an entire All Pro team - let's get every position lined up. Willie Beamon at QB, Clifford Franklin at WR, Nigel Gruff at K. Heck, let's bring in the college kids too; Joe Cain might bring in some competition for the QB spot, Darnell Jefferson at RB...

A 3-4 LB crew of Bateman (Jon Farveau) Alvin Mack, Vontae Mack and Luther Lavar would CRUSH, IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

My only requirement is that we do not limit this to people that ever had movie dialogue about being a QB.

How would this work? I feel like that's about impossible. Let's anoint Harry "He doesn't know how to fail" Stamper the GOAT already.

But no superheros/non-humans like Optimus Prime or Terminator or anything.

giphy.gif

And batman counts as a super hero.

giphy.gif

Who would be the better QB: John McClain or that dead chick from The Ring? Before you answer, the dead chick from The Ring is an all time film watcher.

The GOAT Heisman slogan is still "Kane is Able" from The Program, and I won't hear otherwise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I'm actually thinking an entire All Pro team - let's get every position lined up. Willie Beamon at QB, Clifford Franklin at WR, Nigel Gruff at K. Heck, let's bring in the college kids too; Joe Cain might bring in some competition for the QB spot, Darnell Jefferson at RB...

A 3-4 LB crew of Bateman (Jon Farveau) Alvin Mack, Vontae Mack and Luther Lavar would CRUSH, IMO.

ALL PRO team is probably best, but if so, we will need a day to argue and vote for each major position. Unfortunately there aren't too many linemen. Also, for the sake of this debate, ALL GUYS ARE IN THEIR PRIMES AND HEALTHY. We pretend like Johnny Utah and the LB from the Program who can't even read never got folded in half.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

ALL PRO team is probably best, but if so, we will need a day to argue and vote for each major position. Unfortunately there aren't too many linemen. Also, for the sake of this debate, ALL GUYS ARE IN THEIR PRIMES AND HEALTHY. We pretend like Johnny Utah and the LB from the Program who can't even read never got folded in half.

Will we allow steroid use? If so, Lattimer needs his place at the table, and Kevin Nash (imdb tells me his name is Engelhart) would be shoo-ins at the DE spots.

We'll start with QB, then move to RB. Jefferson, Ray Jennings, Julian Washington, Megget and Guard Dunham (Stone Cold Steve Austin) would probably be our final five. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Will we allow steroid use? If so, Lattimer needs his place at the table, and Kevin Nash (imdb tells me his name is Engelhart) would be shoo-ins at the DE spots.

We'll start with QB, then move to RB. Jefferson, Ray Jennings, Julian Washington, Megget and Guard Dunham (Stone Cold Steve Austin) would probably be our final five. 

Since we are allowing convicted felons (Paul Wrecking Crewe, the Great Khali at OT I assume, etc.) then prison rules/PED usage is obviously allowed.

• Like 1

As far as QBs - here's my big board:

- Jack Rooney, QB, Miami Sharks: Big bodied QB who isn't afraid to run, battle tested and savvy veteran. Injuries are piling up on him, though.

- Shane Falco, Washington Sentinals: If it wasn't for that five INT Sugar Bowl, he'd be lauded as a top 64 pick. The lefty is gritty, and has a leadership quality you can't really ignore.

- Joe Kane, Eastern State University: The "bad boy" on the list (one of many) Kane has some off-field concerns that need to be vetted out. Outside of that, he's got every tool you would need for a top flight QB.

- Willie Beamon, QB, Miami Sharks: A guy in the mold of todays' RPO QBs, Beamon has a deft presence in the pocket and can serve as a unique weapon (he was initially moved to CB out of college). Needs some good coaching, but could be a special player.

- Paul Crewe, QB, Pittsburgh (Steelers?): Another off field concern, the Wrecking Crewe is no stranger to taking a hit. This would be contingent on the terms of his parole, but he's a rough, old school QB

Just now, ET80 said:

As far as QBs - here's my big board:

- Jack Rooney, QB, Miami Sharks: Big bodied QB who isn't afraid to run, battle tested and savvy veteran. Injuries are piling up on him, though.

- Shane Falco, Washington Sentinals: If it wasn't for that five INT Sugar Bowl, he'd be lauded as a top 64 pick. The lefty is gritty, and has a leadership quality you can't really ignore.

- Joe Kane, Eastern State University: The "bad boy" on the list (one of many) Kane has some off-field concerns that need to be vetted out. Outside of that, he's got every tool you would need for a top flight QB.

- Willie Beamon, QB, Miami Sharks: A guy in the mold of todays' RPO QBs, Beamon has a deft presence in the pocket and can serve as a unique weapon (he was initially moved to CB out of college). Needs some good coaching, but could be a special player.

Please continue this in the thread I just created. LOL