What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

21 minutes ago, The LBC said:
On 8/1/2019 at 3:09 PM, Fl0nkerton said:

hahah, yeah I planned on incorporating that into the speech.

Looking forward to trying to make some of those Conservative Texans laugh

let @Matts4313 write your material... and make sure you've got your running shoes on (and possibly body armor).  Matts won't care who he offends as long as he gets to offend someone.

You have two options if you want to get out alive:

1. Go Bill Engval/Larry the cable guy redneck blue collar comedy tour

2. Make fun of Hillary Clinton + any popular topic on Reddit.

Bonus points if you point out that Oklahoma sucks at everything. 

If you have a set of cajones though, you will use dark humor and make it sexually tense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

If you have a set of cajones though, you will use dark humor and make it sexually tense. 

I thought he'd be able to just walk in with a 30-pack of light beers and sporadically throw them at the heads of people in the audience.  Either he gets cheered for throwing out free beer or he gets a laugh for hitting some poor schmuck in the head with a full beer.

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

I thought he'd be able to just walk in with a 30-pack of light beers and sporadically throw them at the heads of people in the audience.  Either he gets cheered for throwing out free beer or he gets a laugh for hitting some poor schmuck in the head with a full beer.

That proudly wont work in Austin (and parts of Dallas/Houston). We are turning into micro brew snobs. You will have throw a 512 IPA to solicit a reaction. 

Conversely, just buy handles of tito's + mixer and let them entertain themselves. Were mostly all alcoholics. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Step 1. Make any joke

Step 2: Make fun of how the PC police are after you for making the Step 1 joke

Step 3: Baby boomers laugh at humor for infants

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

That proudly wont work in Austin (and parts of Dallas/Houston). We are turning into micro brew snobs. You will have throw a 512 IPA to solicit a reaction. 

Conversely, just buy handles of tito's + mixer and let them entertain themselves. Were mostly all alcoholics. 

The actual answer to any wedding toast is make sure everyone is hammered, talk as little as possible, and speak from the heart. Everyone who is not a comedian is a ****ty comedian.

• Like 1

Someone explain to me how google voice works. I can set up a different phone number that rings to my cell phone but goes to a different voicemail? 

I should just google it, but I want to give one of you a chance to flex your nerd knowledge. Ill end up researching anyways. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Someone explain to me how google voice works. I can set up a different phone number that rings to my cell phone but goes to a different voicemail? 

I should just google it, but I want to give one of you a chance to flex your nerd knowledge. Ill end up researching anyways. 

Basically, yes. 

Had a phone interview today and I thought it went well. As a follow up, the interviewer sent me the company benefits information including the PTO.  While the job sounds great, I'm not sure I'm comfortable going from 25 days per year to 12 and it's making me consider not even wanting to persue it further. Why do American companies hate work/life balance? 

Edited by skywindO2

7 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Had a phone interview today and I thought it went well. As a follow up, the interviewer sent me the company benefits information including the PTO.  While the job sounds great, I'm not sure I'm comfortable going from 25 days per year to 12 and it's making me consider not even wanting to persue it further. Why do American companies hate work/life balance? 

Ask for more.  That's usually an easier point to negotiate than salary.

Also, yeah, 12 sucks.  My company is similar, and will give out more as you increase your tenure.  But that also means someone coming over with 20 year experience is going to be offered the minimum as default (which i think is 15 now).

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Does that 12 days not include standard holidays? Most companies  give 10 set holidays, and then 80 hours of PTO as a starting point (so a total of 20 days). Usually bump up to 120 and then 160 hours PTO based on tenure. 

20 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The actual answer to any wedding toast is make sure everyone is hammered, talk as little as possible, and speak from the heart. Everyone who is not a comedian is a ****ty comedian.

or an accidental comedian.
I was chosen to do a toast years ago and I planned to say: " creating great marriage is not unlike creating a great meal. The Husband & Wife are the main course and all of the wonderful friends and family gathered here today are the spices & flavors that bring it all together "

Except when I was supposed to say "main course" I said "meat & potatoes"  instead... and everybody cracked up.

( in my defense; she had a spectacular potatoes)

13 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

or an accidental comedian.
I was chosen to do a toast years ago and I planned to say: " creating great marriage is not unlike creating a great meal. The Husband & Wife are the main course and all of the wonderful friends and family gathered here today are the spices & flavors that bring it all together "

Except when I was supposed to say "main course" I said "meat & potatoes"  instead... and everybody cracked up.

( in my defense; she had a spectacular potatoes)

That's so unbelieveably Midwest that you should get like a year's supply of chili mac n cheese or something. I love it.

16 hours ago, theJ said:

Ask for more.  That's usually an easier point to negotiate than salary.

Is this true? That seems so weird to me.

If you have an extra week of PTO, you're paying someone the same amount to do one week's less worth of work. So in the case where you have 2 weeks off and want 3, that's the exact same as the person asking for a 50/49, or 2% raise. And now that I did this exercise, it completely makes sense why companies would compromise here since that's a huge benefit to the employee's mental health without changing the bottom line too much.

Nevermind.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Is this true? That seems so weird to me.

If you have an extra week of PTO, you're paying someone the same amount to do one week's less worth of work. So in the case where you have 2 weeks off and want 3, that's the exact same as the person asking for a 50/49, or 2% raise. And now that I did this exercise, it completely makes sense why companies would compromise here since that's a huge benefit to the employee's mental health without changing the bottom line too much.

Nevermind.

Not only that, but companies know that a good employee is going to work extra before and after vacation to get their work done anyway.  You can give me an extra week of vacation, and i'll take it.  But it just means i'm working more 50-60 hour weeks to get ahead/catch up than if i had been in the office.

• Like 1