What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, MWil23 said:

Oh absolutely spot on here. I guess I didn't list those two because there's a ZERO percent chance I let my kids do this. They are far from perfect, but they know that they can't do things like this in the store. Our last trip to Lowes we had a very serious conversation...it was embarrassing. To be fair though, me running after them and talking with them with my serious voice and index finger in their face and clenched jaw gave me the benefit of the doubt.

To be fair, I don't even get annoyed as long as the parent is putting some effort in. It's the ones who don't, and then make awkward eye contact with you like "whadya gonna do am I right" that kill me. 

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

To be fair, I don't even get annoyed as long as the parent is putting some effort in. It's the ones who don't, and then make awkward eye contact with you like "whadya gonna do am I right" that kill me. 

As a parent, I make sure to smirk at those parents...unfortunately they usually can't see me with their eyes glued onto their phone screens.

Sidenote: 

You want to see quality parents, go to the park with your kids and watch parents that sit on their bench with their phones and pay no attention to their 3 year olds who contemplate jumping off of 10+ foot structures. It's the WILD WEST out there. I legit helped another 3-4 year old climb up/go down a slide safely while their parents sat and did nothing, but that poor kid was begging me to help since I was playing with my kids. What an indictment of our society.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

As a parent, I make sure to smirk at those parents...unfortunately they usually can't see me with their eyes glued onto their phone screens.

Sidenote: 

You want to see quality parents, go to the park with your kids and watch parents that sit on their bench with their phones and pay no attention to their 3 year olds who contemplate jumping off of 10+ foot structures. It's the WILD WEST out there. I legit helped another 3-4 year old climb up/go down a slide safely while their parents sat and did nothing, but that poor kid was begging me to help since I was playing with my kids. What an indictment of our society.

Yeah dude I'll just walk over to the park by myself as a 30 year old dude and then see if I can identify which kids are least supervised.

@ET80 you got my bail money?

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I'll start:

Grocery themed:

*Shopping carts left in parking lots

*People blocking aisles

*Not enough check-out lanes open

*Strangers that think it's acceptable to approach my child(ren) and offer them money so that they can buy "candy" (happened last week) .

*People that walk in the exit/out the entrance

*People who have kids.

*Kids.

I use whatever damn door I want and I still ride the cart through the parking lot -   despite my advanced age
I've also memorized the 4 digit codes for all the fruits and veggies I buy so when I get to check-out, they don't have to waste time looking them up

article-0-1514580A000005DC-823_634x838.j

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I use whatever damn door I want and I still ride the cart through the parking lot -   despite my advanced age
I've also memorized the 4 digit codes for all the fruits and veggies I buy so when I get to check-out, they don't have to waste time looking them up

My guy! 4011 and 4065 are my regulars! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

+people that don't know how to scan things at the self-checkout counter

so I used to work at a grocery store in high school and was trusted to "monitor" the self-checkout a few times a week. It was one of the better jobs because it was easy, but you could absolutely not underestimate the stupidity of people trying to use it.

So for example, in order to pay for your stuff you had to hit "Pay Now" on the screen before you could leave the store with your things, and you could swipe your card at anytime, BUT if you didn't hit "Pay Now" it just idled there until you touched it on the screen and went on to select debit/credit.

Used to just let people wallow in their idiocy while they're staring at me because the Card Reader read "Waiting for cashier". Had to hit them with the, "Well since this is called U-Scan, technically YOU'RE the cashier, so go ahead and hit the "Pay Now" button and follow the prompts."

80% of the time people were nice and cordial and happy to learn, but every once in a while you got a real pissant that couldn't be inconvenienced to read and follow instructions.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

A lady in the store I work at let her barefoot kid stand/stomp in the yogurt case. 

When one of them exploded she threw it away in the restroom trash can and kept shopping. The store owner was watching the entire thing on the cameras upstairs.

She was told at checkout she could pay for the yogurt or not come back.... she paid for the yogurt and her kid cried when she yelled at him for it 

mom of the year? Or the decade? 

• Like 1