23 minutes ago, Dome said:

googles COVID-19 symptoms*

People may experience:
cough
fever
tiredness
difficulty breathing (severe cases)

yeah... you know what?

this whole thing seems like it’s all just a big misunderstanding. We don’t need to fight. And we certainly don’t need to meet up. 

Lets call it a tie.

I get difficulty breathing after my 5th plate at the Chinese buffet, so...I guess that means I got the Coronavirus.

17 minutes ago, mission27 said:

My money is on a split decision

He blows out both artificial knees as he slams me into the asphalt for the brain injury that finally does me in.

He cannot walk. I cannot think.

I’ll put him up on my shoulders and we will rule the world. 

515MX4HGZEL._SX304_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

I get difficulty breathing after my 5th plate at the Chinese buffet, so...I guess that means I got the Coronavirus.

The Chinese buffet in town put up this huge sign saying that, "We now do delivery!"

And i just laughed, because good ******* luck with that guys.  Sorry.  That ain't gonna work.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

Same.

At some point I'm going to get my green belt.

That's awesome, definitely worth it regardless of what industry or focus you're in.

A 5% improvement on P/L is equivalent to a 20% increase in sales (both new business and inside sales) so it's a big deal; If you can combine Six Sigma with Agile methodology, you're positioning for a really defined and efficient process that can be implemented with little disruption. 

Go for it, I highly recommend it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

That's awesome, definitely worth it regardless of what industry or focus you're in.

A 5% improvement on P/L is equivalent to a 20% increase in sales (both new business and inside sales) so it's a big deal; If you can combine Six Sigma with Agile methodology, you're positioning for a really defined and efficient process that can be implemented with little disruption. 

Yeah it has no value in my current company because they aren't very accepting of process improvement (even though they say the opposite).

It's something I'm going to bring up in my future interviews to make sure they walk and talk the same game.

But Udemy has some great, cheap options for learning this, root cause analysis, and other quality tools.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ET80 said:

• Like 2

My car is currently either 3 months late or 1 mile early for an oil change, depending on which gauge you prefer to use. I use the mileage, obviously. If I'm only driving a few miles a week right now, is there any reason to run out and get it taken care of?

Maybe I should have posted in the car thread instead. 

Edited by skywindO2

15 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

My car is currently either 3 months late or 1 mile early for an oil change, depending on which gauge you prefer to use. I use the mileage, obviously. If I'm only driving a few miles a week right now, is there any reason to run out and get it taken care of?

Maybe I should have posted in the car thread instead. 

What sorta oil and mileage interval is indicated?

If it's on warranty...then yeah, i'd wanna get it dealt with.  Especially if it's one of those brands that have the sweet drive through service center setups.  If not...lots of modern synthetics can run beyond minimum intervals in normal engines, without really being a big deal.

If it's on warranty, obviously don't wanna tinker.  But if not...it's definitely something you can probably do at home while quarantining or whatevs.

26 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

What sorta oil and mileage interval is indicated?

If it's on warranty...then yeah, i'd wanna get it dealt with.  Especially if it's one of those brands that have the sweet drive through service center setups.  If not...lots of modern synthetics can run beyond minimum intervals in normal engines, without really being a big deal.

If it's on warranty, obviously don't wanna tinker.  But if not...it's definitely something you can probably do at home while quarantining or whatevs.

It's not under warranty anymore. When it was, I'd only go in every 6 months. Last oil change I got in October was the first one I had to pay for in over 6 years. It was a tough pill to swallow. 

I just went to the local mechanic place that oil changes. The sticker said I should be back in either January or when I hit a certain mileage. I didn't go in January and only now just reaching that mileage. Under normal (non-global pandemic) circumstances, I would have already gone in, probably in February or early March. But given the current situation, was wondering if there's any reason I need to go in ASAP or if I can wait it out.

27 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

It's not under warranty anymore. When it was, I'd only go in every 6 months. Last oil change I got in October was the first one I had to pay for in over 6 years. It was a tough pill to swallow. 

I just went to the local mechanic place that oil changes. The sticker said I should be back in either January or when I hit a certain mileage. I didn't go in January and only now just reaching that mileage. Under normal (non-global pandemic) circumstances, I would have already gone in, probably in February or early March. But given the current situation, was wondering if there's any reason I need to go in ASAP or if I can wait it out.

There's no reason to rush in because of the date.  Oil can degrade over time given that it's in an unsealed environment (the engine is obviously open to air).  In simple terms, when the oil degrades it no longer protects the engine.  But that takes much longer than the date they give you on the sticker.

I have a truck that's my 3rd vehicle, and doesn't get driven much.  In terms of mileage it really only needs an oil change every 2-3 years.  I generally change it once per year.

In terms of mileage.  You can run it over the mileage and not be in immediate danger.  But, if you do that often or every time, you will prematurely wear the engine, especially the piston rings.  You'll burn oil, and if you burn enough of it, will convert what's left into sludge and seize your engine (source: my friend, who didn't bother with oil changes for a very long time).  However, that takes repeated overages on oil change frequencies, or just doing it once for a very long time (like overrunning the interval for 10-20k miles).

EDIT: i should also add; if your car burns oil already, and you're continually topping it off, you really don't need to worry about the date.  You still want to change the oil for mileage, primarily because you need a new filter.  But the oil isn't in the engine long enough to even think about degradation. 

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

The Chinese buffet in town put up this huge sign saying that, "We now do delivery!"

And i just laughed, because good ******* luck with that guys.  Sorry.  That ain't gonna work.

Do you just keep calling them back when you want another plate 

• Like 5