What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 hours ago, theJ said:

I hate internet companies.

A few weeks ago Spectrum raises my bill for my internet.  So i call in to negotiate and they say they have no deals.  But they can upgrade me to a 60MB line for $70/mo.  I say no, i don't need that kind of speed, and i'm looking to get my bill down, not up (i was paying $35/mo for 15MB).  So i tell them i'm going to call back in and cancel once i have new service set up.

So i set up new service with CenturyLink.  10MB for $45/mo.  I have to buy a new modem, and call a service guy out to fix the box because some a-hole had cut the lines before i moved in.  Done.  Works fine.

Call back in to Spectrum yesterday and they say "oh but why pay $45/mo for 10MB service when we can offer you 60MB for $45/mo".

>:(

If you had freaking offered that deal a week and a half ago i wouldn't had to spend my time setting up new service.  Still thinking about canceling it anyway, just cause that made me mad.

Cable companies are the worst.  I had to constantly keep calling Comcast to get 'deals'.  Finally got sick of it and canceled everything except Internet.  I pay more than I probably should, but I work from home and my phone is over VOIP, so I need to bandwidth...

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

There are ways to police this, but they'll unfortunately never happen.

Eh, not to get political but generally speaking motivated and well heeled is hard to stop.

Outlaw semiautos may/may not be effective, but a guy with a hunting rifle could still do a lot of damage (certainly not as devistating, but still potentially catastrophic).

I just don't know what would ever motivate a person to want to do such a thing for no apparent reason other than maybe wanting to die a celebrity.

3 hours ago, theJ said:

I hate internet companies.

A few weeks ago Spectrum raises my bill for my internet.  So i call in to negotiate and they say they have no deals.  But they can upgrade me to a 60MB line for $70/mo.  I say no, i don't need that kind of speed, and i'm looking to get my bill down, not up (i was paying $35/mo for 15MB).  So i tell them i'm going to call back in and cancel once i have new service set up.

So i set up new service with CenturyLink.  10MB for $45/mo.  I have to buy a new modem, and call a service guy out to fix the box because some a-hole had cut the lines before i moved in.  Done.  Works fine.

Call back in to Spectrum yesterday and they say "oh but why pay $45/mo for 10MB service when we can offer you 60MB for $45/mo".

>:(

If you had freaking offered that deal a week and a half ago i wouldn't had to spend my time setting up new service.  Still thinking about canceling it anyway, just cause that made me mad.

Cancel each year and have the account set up in the spouse's name. Constant "introductory" rates.

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just don't know what would ever motivate a person to want to do such a thing for no apparent reason other than maybe wanting to die a celebrity.

Seemed like he was trying for the high score, with all the prep work and choice of venue.

I'm curious about his motivation as well.

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Cancel each year and have the account set up in the spouse's name. Constant "introductory" rates.

Wouldn't you need a new spouse every year then? Seems like that would get more expensive than just paying extra for cable.

17 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Seemed like he was trying for the high score, with all the prep work and choice of venue.

I'm curious about his motivation as well.

Sounds about right.

From what's been reported he seems to have been a successful guy living a good life.  No mental health issues, extreme political or religious beliefs.....nothing.

crazy...

So it would seem like he was seeking infamy. And I always said you shouldn't read these idiots manifestos or do anything to give them the attention they want or portray them as a mastermind. But now that we actually have a case with no known motive  its driving me crazy 

25 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

So it would seem like he was seeking infamy. And I always said you shouldn't read these idiots manifestos or do anything to give them the attention they want or portray them as a mastermind. But now that we actually have a case with no known motive  its driving me crazy 

I think knowing their motivation is one thing, but I wouldn't release their name (if I ruled the world) or anything about them.

The celebrity they acheive is absurd.  They should die an anonymous, irrelevant foot note.

The victims are the ones we should be discussing.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The victims are the ones we should be discussing.

This doesn't happen unless they're being held up as some kind of obtuse social / political point.

It's not human nature to care about strangers to the degree it upsets you for more than a passing moment, even if it's a remarkably unfair tragedy.

Just now, cddolphin said:

This doesn't happen unless they're being held up as some kind of obtuse social / political point.

It's not human nature to care about strangers to the degree it upsets you for more than a passing moment, even if it's a remarkably unfair tragedy.

You're not wrong, it's a crappy reality.

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Stalin had a famous quote... "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic"

BTW that is not meant to be insensitive towards the Vegas vitctims. Just agreeing with cdlophin.

19 minutes ago, showtime said:

Jimmy Kimmel's statement last night addressing the Las Vegas incident was really powerful.

It seems like people only truly seem to care/take action when it happens in their hometown. Truly heartfelt from Jimmy tho.

2 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

It seems like people only truly seem to care/take action when it happens in their hometown. Truly heartfelt from Jimmy tho.

I know what you mean, but Kimmel has spoken out for other important topics in the past.