What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

33 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The host of "The Man Show" is the country's heart and the host of "The Apprentice" is it's leader. What the hell. 2017 is a lie.

Can’t wait to find out what the Fear Factor dude does.

32 minutes ago, showtime said:

I know what you mean, but Kimmel has spoken out for other important topics in the past.

Celebrities have every right to speak out for something, but I don't think it matters much.

My thoughts on healthcare and gun control policy isn't going to change because a late night tv show host shared his views and I'm guessing most other people's aren't either.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My thoughts on healthcare and gun control policy isn't going to change because a late night tv show host shared his views and I'm guessing most other people's aren't either.

In fact, many people simply become more entrenched in their own position when presented with valid counter-arguments, depending on how they are framed (called the "backfire" effect):

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~nyhan/nyhan-reifler.pdf

From the conclusion:

"The experiments reported in this paper help us understand why factual misperceptions
about politics are so persistent. We find that responses to corrections in mock news
articles differ significantly according to subjects’ ideological views. As a result, the
corrections fail to reduce misperceptions for the most committed participants. Even
worse, they actually strengthen misperceptions among ideological subgroups in several
cases.
"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

In fact, many people simply become more entrenched in their own position when presented with valid counter-arguments, depending on how they are framed (called the "backfire" effect):

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~nyhan/nyhan-reifler.pdf

From the conclusion:

"The experiments reported in this paper help us understand why factual misperceptions
about politics are so persistent. We find that responses to corrections in mock news
articles differ significantly according to subjects’ ideological views. As a result, the
corrections fail to reduce misperceptions for the most committed participants. Even
worse, they actually strengthen misperceptions among ideological subgroups in several
cases.
"

Good post sir, quality info right there.