What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

47 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I work for an excellent company and love my job.  My manager and I get along wonderfully. I'm not the one complaining about my manager mind you.

I was under the impression you were looking for honest feedback, but it seems you just wanted folks to agree with you. Fair enough.

Just trying to provide some feedback man.

"All I've heard is your side of the story, and my impression is that you aren't taking feedback well."

"No you're wrong."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can lead a horse to water.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, I don't know if anyone is arguing against any of those points tbh.

We heard one side of the story. It's not exactly out of the realm of possibility that there was some bias in how it was told.

Yes, let's hear the **** side of the story.  Good point.  Let's hear from the person who is annoyed that an "underling" requested a sign-off on a procedure to improve someone's quality of life in their housing where they actually live.  And got all snippy about the "tone" or "attitude" of one of the people they manage via email, when they tried to set this process in motion.  Without actually bothering to face-to-face the person and get an actual read on how to "manage" them as a human being.

Sure.

26 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

@steadypimpin Must admit, that would have p!ssed me off slightly. Correct me if I'm wrong though, just an observation, but is the fact that she's a woman doing this to you making it worse? 

No way man I have no problem working for a woman or someone younger etc. If you know me, I'm super chill. Me and her have a great work relationship. My coworkers always joke that I'm the golden boy when it comes to her. We're really cool with each other, live minutes apart, she's met my whole family. Just sometimes she overreacts and this time I had to say something because it wasn't cool with me.

1 minute ago, steadypimpin said:

No way man I have no problem working for a woman or someone younger etc. If you know me, I'm super chill. Me and her have a great work relationship. My coworkers always joke that I'm the golden boy when it comes to her. We're really cool with each other, live minutes apart, she's met my whole family. Just sometimes she overreacts and this time I had to say something because it wasn't cool with me.

Fair enough

23 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yes, let's hear the **** side of the story.  Good point.  Let's hear from the person who is annoyed that an "underling" requested a sign-off on a procedure to improve someone's quality of life in their housing where they actually live.  And got all snippy about the "tone" or "attitude" of one of the people they manage via email, when they tried to set this process in motion.  Without actually bothering to face-to-face the person and get an actual read on how to "manage" them as a human being.

Sure.

e31.jpg

17 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@Marc MacGyver pandering for likes from all of our Catalonian members.

So transparent.

xD ... LGB. You got me! 

I should've known better than to think a veiled attempt to curry Catalan favour would go unnoticed. Particularly - by one with the "LIKES GAME" on lock. SMH. 

PS....................................

Now that I have everyone's attention!

:ph34r: "Meet me here in this godforsaken place on All Hallows' Eve..."

"Together! We'll raise Franco from the grave to quash the rebellion."

:ph34r:"You must tell no one of what I speak." 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

This company I work for is small, we have 7 employees. You'd have to know the culture here to really comment

Then why ask a bunch of people who dont know the culture to comment? You came asking for advice, just so you remember....

I think if people had agreed with you, “knowing the culture” wouldn’t have been an issue.

I think the best bet at this point is just moving on. If she thought you were in a bad mood before the email, the way you handled it certainly didn’t convince her otherwise.

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Then why ask a bunch of people who dont know the culture to comment? You came asking for advice, just so you remember....

I think if people had agreed with you, “knowing the culture” wouldn’t have been an issue.

I think the best bet at this point is just moving on. If she thought you were in a bad mood before the email, the way you handled it certainly didn’t convince her otherwise.

No I was talking about the culture in regards to what those guys were saying about me being labeled as a disgruntled employee. They seem to think I was in a big corporate setting. 

I was just asking if that's kosher for a coworker to read into my words typed in an email and assume my emotions. That was the main question. I would assume in any company nobody should read into others typed words and try and diagnose a mood.

32 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

No I was talking about the culture in regards to what those guys were saying about me being labeled as a disgruntled employee. They seem to think I was in a big corporate setting. 

I was just asking if that's kosher for a coworker to read into my words typed in an email and assume my emotions. That was the main question. I would assume in any company nobody should read into others typed words and try and diagnose a mood.

Should they? Obviously not. Does it happen? Obviously it does from time to time.

Without seeing the email in its entirety it's hard to know whether that was a reasonable assumption or not.

That said, based on what little info we have it does seem as though you let your emotions get the better of you (even if she did the same) and probably overreacted.

42 minutes ago, steadypimpin said:

I was just asking if that's kosher for a coworker to read into my words typed in an email and assume my emotions.

Coworker? I thought she was your boss.

I would react very differently to a coworker than my boss.