What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

3 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Really don’t see how it was better than last year’s. If game 5 had happened in game 7 this year, I could absolutely see it. But the tension games were in the middle of the series. The two elimination games didn’t really hold any drama at all.

I'm talking as a series overall. Game 2 and game 5 this year were epic, and the back and forth all series long made it plausible that either team could come back from any deficit. 

Don't get me wrong, last season's series was excellent. The way the Cubs came back last year was amazing, and game 7 was a classic for sure, but as a complete series, at least to me, this year tops anything I've seen.  

9 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

The last championship in Houston was the Rockets in 95. I really enjoyed it with my parents, back when I was a teenager. Now, I'm getting to enjoy this with my kids. 

SO GREAT! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!

That's great, man. That's the one thing I think is unfortunate about not being a fan of the local teams. I can't talk about 'my city' and their championships. The closest any of my teams is to me is San Francisco, and I was lucky to be able to go to 2 WS games (game 2 in 2010 and game 4 in 2014) in San Francisco with my dad, but even then it requires travel, hotel, etc, and that's only ~400 miles away. If I want to take my wife/kids, or if I want to go to see my other teams, it takes a lot more. I'll most likely never get to go to a Bills playoff game [insert 'Bills in the playoffs' joke here], and depending on where they hold the NCAAF playoffs/championship it'll be the same for Notre Dame. I went to a ND home game in '94, but that was the only time. It's just difficult to travel that far for sports. 

If only LA didn't have such putrid teams lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desperado82 said:

Rams aren't looking too shabby....

I actually don't have anything against the Rams, and I could root for them, but I've been with the Bills since I was like 9, and I've stuck with them through thick and thin, so I'm not going to jump ship at this point. 

I was a Lakers fan back in the day, like back in the Magic/Kareem/Worthy days, and actually went to a fair amount of games at the Forum, but when they gave the team to Kobe I was done with them (and tbh I'm not really a basketball fan at all anymore). The Dodgers and USC are my bitter rivals, and I'm not a hockey fan, so the Kings are out. 

LA actually has some good teams, I could just never root for them.

7 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

The last championship in Houston was the Rockets in 95. I really enjoyed it with my parents, back when I was a teenager. Now, I'm getting to enjoy this with my kids. 

SO GREAT! WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!

Man, who knew I would reminisce about Hakeem the Dream at 7:15 am.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, iPwn said:

Really don’t see how it was better than last year’s. If game 5 had happened in game 7 this year, I could absolutely see it. But the tension games were in the middle of the series. The two elimination games didn’t really hold any drama at all.

I'd argue the St. Louis/Texas one was more exciting as well.

I rarely ever watch baseball but I did watch these last two Game 7s of the World Series. It was cool to see the Cubs and the Astros win. The two main things I ever knew about baseball was the Yankees have 105 championships and the Cubs and Astros sucked. I remember one of my teachers in school being an Astros fan and he said something about the opening day of the season being an Astros fan's favorite day because that's the last time they're ever tied for first place.

That guy You Garbage screwed the Dodgers. It was a really close game aside from the first two innings. Ever since it was 5-0 I was waiting for the game to end so I could go to sleep. Even Game 7 of the World Series is boring. 90% of the game is waiting for something to happen. The tension and the atmosphere is cool but there's a reason I rarely watch this sport. Anyway I'm glad for Houston, good to see them win it.

9 hours ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

That's great, man. That's the one thing I think is unfortunate about not being a fan of the local teams. I can't talk about 'my city' and their championships. The closest any of my teams is to me is San Francisco, and I was lucky to be able to go to 2 WS games (game 2 in 2010 and game 4 in 2014) in San Francisco with my dad, but even then it requires travel, hotel, etc, and that's only ~400 miles away. If I want to take my wife/kids, or if I want to go to see my other teams, it takes a lot more. I'll most likely never get to go to a Bills playoff game [insert 'Bills in the playoffs' joke here], and depending on where they hold the NCAAF playoffs/championship it'll be the same for Notre Dame. I went to a ND home game in '94, but that was the only time. It's just difficult to travel that far for sports. 

If only LA didn't have such putrid teams lol.

Let's go to a nd playoff game yo

3 hours ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

If they play at the Rose Bowl I'll absolutely be there. You gonna be staying in my garage by then?

Half the ff population thinks I'm gonna be living in their garage some day

• Like 1