What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

9 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I'll be talking to the landlord tomorrow about stuff 

Nope.

Send them an email.

Most leases have language like this in them:

"Our complying with or responding to any oral request regarding security or nonsecurity matters doesn't waive the strict requirement for written notices under this Lease Contract. You must promptly notify us in writing of: water leaks; electrical problems; malfunctioning lights; broken or missing locks or latches; and other conditions that pose a hazard to the property, or your health, or safety. We will respond in accordance with state law and the Lease Contract to repair or remedy the situation, as necessary."

There's also this sentence which is almost universal:

"Any oral promises, representations or agreements by our representatives shall not be considred legally binding."

Having a chat with him means you're relying on his conscious or selfish motivations (preventing further damage) to get it done quickly.

Edited by cddolphin
  • Like 2

Paying more for “new” is a sucker’s game when it comes to rental properties. Who cares if the dishwasher is brand new? The 10 year old model should work just about as well. If the fridge broke while you were there and they replaced it, you wouldn’t agree to pay more in rent. But because it was new when you got there, you would? And in 10 years, do you think they’re going to lower the rent because things are no longer new?

Also - if that unit had everything new to the point that they felt it was worth so much more than all the other apartments in the building, that kinda tells you how little care they put into maintaining the quality of the units over time and general maintenance. All the units should be getting consistent updates to the point that even if they had to gut the entire apartment before you came, it shouldn’t be more than a few years newer than the rest of the units - at least in the things that matter. I mean sure the wood floors might be 20 years old, but they should be well maintained and behave just the same as new.

On the simple things I don’t know how to do question

Order coffee at Starbucks. Whole life I’ve been just asking for coffee in restaurants and picking it up off the shelf at the store without a second thought. Their menu looks like it’s written in Mandarin to me

I also don’t know how to buy produce

1 hour ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

On the simple things I don’t know how to do question

Order coffee at Starbucks. Whole life I’ve been just asking for coffee in restaurants and picking it up off the shelf at the store without a second thought. Their menu looks like it’s written in Mandarin to me

I also don’t know how to buy produce

I buy it green if I don't plan on eating it soon or like the regular color or whatever if I want to eat it soon. Or the feel test. Or the if you stuff it in your shirt does it look like boobs test 

@bucsfan333 and @Tyty

No I get that part. I know how to not buy rotten food. What I don’t get is that it doesn’t have price tags. I see those bags. I assume I use those. But then what? Is there a produce person I buy it from? Or do I buy it up front with the rest of my groceries? Can I go through self checkout with it?

I don’t know how I lived this long