What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Whoa there pal, no one said anything about conference calls. I was talking one on one direct conversations.

mute855x368b-1.png 

*right in the middle of some important sentence*

*BEEP*

"Did someone just join?"
"Hi yeah this is Bob from whatever"
"Hi Bob!" "Hello Bob" "Hey Bob" "Hi Bob"
"Sorry I was running a little late. Did I miss anything?"
"Yeah rams was about 95% through the only thing we needed to talk about on this waste of time goddamn call. Rams, could you please give the entire shpeal again, this time with no momentum or enthusiasm whatsoever?"
"Sure. Alright so..."

*BEEP*

"Did someone just join?"

• Like 3

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d much prefer a phone call.

Dont ask me some detailed question via text or email that requires me to type a novel. Phones exist for a reason.

Yes, but then people talk to you, and people are awful.

Plus, if you call me, I have to take notes about whatever the hell it is we talked about. If you send me the plea offer in an email, that’s already taken care of and I don’t have to talk to you. Also, it’s harder for me to be like, “Nah, I haven’t had a chance to get to that file” if we talk on the phone. I don’t want to look at your file. Go away. Stopping talking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

Yes, but then people talk to you, and people are awful.

Plus, if you call me, I have to take notes about whatever the hell it is we talked about. If you send me the plea offer in an email, that’s already taken care of and I don’t have to talk to you. Also, it’s harder for me to be like, “Nah, I haven’t had a chance to get to that file” if we talk on the phone. I don’t want to look at your file. Go away. Stopping talking.

I’m the complete opposite, I’d rather deal with your nonsense now and get it over with so I don’t have to get my inbox blown up with emails.

People are awful, this is true, so let me deal with them in the quickest, most direct way possible and be done with them.

3 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

*right in the middle of some important sentence*

*BEEP*

"Did someone just join?"
"Hi yeah this is Bob from whatever"
"Hi Bob!" "Hello Bob" "Hey Bob" "Hi Bob"
"Sorry I was running a little late. Did I miss anything?"
"Yeah rams was about 95% through the only thing we needed to talk about on this waste of time goddamn call. Rams, could you please give the entire shpeal again, this time with no momentum or enthusiasm whatsoever?"
"Sure. Alright so..."

*BEEP*

"Did someone just join?"

Power through the beeps. They can ask questions once I'm done. Then I can belittle then for their lack of time management skills.

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d much prefer a phone call.

Dont ask me some detailed question via text or email that requires me to type a novel. Phones exist for a reason.

I honestly thought I was the only person that thinks like this. Even from my ole lady. 

Got her trained enough that I basically only respond with a K for the most part unless it is something else that is real simple.

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

I honestly thought I was the only person that thinks like this. Even from my ole lady. 

Got her trained enough that I basically only respond with a K for the most part unless it is something else that is real simple.

Nah man, texting is a step on the wrong direction in a lot of cases.

If you need more than a “yep”, “no” or “lulz”, you better just go on ahead and call me.

11 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Power through the beeps. They can ask questions once I'm done. Then I can belittle then for their lack of time management skills.

I'd like to. In a perfect world, every conference call would be treated like a 4 way stop in that people would just go through instead of trying to be overly polite and slowing the whole thing down.

The problem is that 90% of the time if I'm on a conference call, I'm presenting/consulting on some molecule, and since I work with a bunch of different people all of whom get my conference call number, theoretically, someone who wasn't invited could join. So any time someone joins, we have to stop and make sure it's someone who should be there. It's infuriating.