What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 minute ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

Luckily for me, I can switch with most people here and work a lot of nights. I love graveyard shift. 12 hours with (usually) no bosses around, and I don't have to get up at 0430 for work. 

Unluckily for me, my new job requires being there between 7:30 and 8 AM. I guess the closest thing to a bright side is that it's Mountain Time and that I get all federal holidays off. But I expect I'll just adjust to the timezone change, and 7:30 will be 7:30.

17 minutes ago, iPwn said:

This was a solid joke 

Is he blood red mad? Or green with envy? The world may never know.

Man those are both really good takes on this. I was only going for a color blind shot initially. 

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Unluckily for me, my new job requires being there between 7:30 and 8 AM. I guess the closest thing to a bright side is that it's Mountain Time and that I get all federal holidays off. But I expect I'll just adjust to the timezone change, and 7:30 will be 7:30.

So that's 0830-0900 for you then? That's not bad. Or are you moving? 

We have to work holidays (and nights and weekends), but the nice thing is we get triple time for holidays and graveyard shift is an extra $1.50/hr. It's not much at all, but working mostly graveyards can add up. Also the 1600+ hours of OT I work most years lol.

So that's 0830-0900 for you then? That's not bad. Or are you moving? 

We have to work holidays (and nights and weekends), but the nice thing is we get triple time for holidays and graveyard shift is an extra $1.50/hr. It's not much at all, but working mostly graveyards can add up. Also the 1600+ hours of OT I work most years lol.

Currently, it's 9:30 to 10:00 AM for me, but I'm moving. 1600+ hours of OT sounds like a lot. When do you sleep haha?

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

With a family, it stinks. Although....I now have alone time to play video games again. Which is all sorts of awesome. 

#dadlife

It actually works out for my family. I get off at 0600, home around 0630, take the kids to school while my wife stays home with the baby, then I come home and see them for a little while before going to bed. I get up in the afternoon and get to see them all before going to work at 1800. Sometimes I get up early enough to pick the older boys up from school so she doesn't have to take the baby, but it'll be much easier this year because we can just drive through and pick them up. 

When I work days, she has to get up with the baby and take them to school, and then pick them up in the afternoon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

tenor.gif

swanson-dance.gif

7 minutes ago, NickButera said:

With a family, it stinks. Although....I now have alone time to play video games again. Which is all sorts of awesome. 

#dadlife

That's basically my free time lol. Wake up video games, take care of a few things around the apartment, work, more video games or hulu. My girlfriend and I have the same days as our weekends so that's nice.

Edited by husker_vikes3

It actually works out for my family. I get off at 0600, home around 0630, take the kids to school while my wife stays home with the baby, then I come home and see them for a little while before going to bed. I get up in the afternoon and get to see them all before going to work at 1800. Sometimes I get up early enough to pick the older boys up from school so she doesn't have to take the baby, but it'll be much easier this year because we can just drive through and pick them up. 

When I work days, she has to get up with the baby and take them to school, and then pick them up in the afternoon.

gave you a football for "going to work at 1800"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

wait..... Big Matt?! 

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Currently, it's 9:30 to 10:00 AM for me, but I'm moving. 1600+ hours of OT sounds like a lot. When do you sleep haha?

That's right, I had my time zones off lol.

Yeah it's a lot, but the money is nice. I usually get about 4-5 hours of sleep a day. It's not great, but it is what it is I suppose. I get good sleep when the family is out of town though (like right now). I can usually get 6-7 hours a day when they are gone.

• Like 1