What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Pretty amazing how much difference a proper translation can make.

http://morungexpress.com/rise-of-the-lethal-meek-why-good-people-cannot-be-harmless/

Apparently the verse "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth" is a huge mis-translation centered around the word 'meek'; in the original Greek the word used was 'praotés' which is more accurately defined as:

"properly, temperate, displaying the right blend of force and reserve (gentleness) ("strength in gentleness") avoids unnecessary harshness, yet without compromising or being too slow to use necessary force."

So it should be "Blessed are those who are capable of using force but choose not to do so unless necessary, for they will inherit the earth"

Im always hesitant to believe this stuff because there is near constant “mistranslation” retranslated that contradict each other. 

Even in todays world when getting into translating there are words in one language that have no good parallels. So add that its hard today that speak that language i have little faith that we have a full grasp on a language that has changed to the point no one really speaks it.

4 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Coachella is the biggest collection of terrible music I think I've ever seen. They put this together every year too which baffles my mind.

91sn32Q.jpg

Creepy blind man hit on my coworker, calling her “hot stuff”

Without hesitation she said “how would you know?” And he just stared at her (well her general direction) in disbelief 

it was fantastic, would watch it happen again

• Like 1

1 minute ago, domepatrol91 said:

Creepy blind man hit on my coworker, calling her “hot stuff”

Without hesitation she said “how would you know?” And he just stared at her (well her general direction) in disbelief 

it was fantastic, would watch it happen again

He should have reached out and touched her to confirm

4 hours ago, steadypimpin said:

Got asked yesterday to be a last minute groomsman because my friends brother flaked out. Tomorrow's the wedding, anyone ever been in a situation like This? I told him yeah I would fill in.

What are you doing about a suit/tux? That's the only thing that would be difficult. 

18 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Bang a bridesmaid it'll be fine.

Haha, maybe if my wife gives me a hall pass. I hope they stick me with a hottie at least.

11 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Maybe he is into groomsmen 

Sorry, only grooms?

6 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

He’s into groomsmen

See above

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't think a guy named @steadypimpin is gonna be that upset about me assuming anything either way tbh

No way man, I'm really laid back, I have my moments of rage tho!

3 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

He’s probably into bridesmaids tbh

Hell yeah man! Nothing like a single bridesmaid watching another friend get hitched and realizing she hasn't met the one yet???