What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

57 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I just made a $16 impulse buy and got an authentic NWO T-Shirt because I was feeling nostalgic. No regrets.

I might need a link to where you got this. It's payday today, can justify dropping a twenty on some quality NWO swag...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yup. They ruined it by letting him talk, then going Red NWO/Wolfpack - just leave well enough alone.

I pretend like the Red NWO/Wolfpack never existed. The NWO eventually got out of control. That said, Eric B screwing over Goldberg with the Steiner Brothers coming out from under the ring at Bash at the Beach, ruining his streak, and firing him is what made me turn off the television and never turn it back on.

6 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I was quietly falling out with rasslin right when this happened - safe to say it brought me back.

Wrestling officially died for me when Vince McMahon bought WCW.

Yep, went to crap right then. I used to flip back and forth between them and that was the highlight of every Monday. Then me and a bunch of other guys would each put in $5 for the PPV, get 10-15 people there and that buys the PPV and all the snacks and soda we would run through.

We had a "Trash Day" where people could throw out whatever they wanted and it would get hauled away. Going through a divorce, one guy threw out his wife's furniture (she walked out) so one of our guys had us load it in our trucks and haul it to his place, put it in the barn at his dad's house. So every PPV we would all load them up, take them to whover's house was hosting, and then take them back after the show. Some of the best times of my life.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I pretend like the Red NWO/Wolfpack never existed. The NWO eventually got out of control. That said, Eric B screwing over Goldberg with the Steiner Brothers coming out from under the ring at Bash at the Beach, ruining his streak, and firing him is what made me turn off the television and never turn it back on.

Oh yeah, plenty of knives in the chest before Vince with the death knell... Goldberg and the win streak was a BIG one.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

https://www.amazon.com/New-World-Order-Wrestling-T-shirt/dp/B00EOYR1AU

If you have PRIME, it's free shipping.

See, I'm already starting my own NEW WORLD ORDER on here BROTHER!!!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiL3_QlCRZDvsU5iKfagx

I think that was the final straw for me. I was really little and my first duo that I became a huge fan of was HBK and Diesel (and they probably are my favorite wrestlers as well, though they're clearly not the best ) , and then seeing them try to grasp at this with the NWO for nothing more than nostalgic reasons just pissed me off to no end.

• Like 1

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

HEY YO! It's survey time...

...is there anyone here to see... wcw?

Now... who's here to see the NWO?

Looks like it's ONE MORE FOR THE GOOD GUYS...

If you ever get the chance to watch the documentary "WCW vs. WWE" or "The rise of the NWO", it's AMAZING! I forgot about how shady Eric B was, reading off the results of WWE RAW that would happen that night at the very beginning of the show (the WWE used to tape delay instead of go LIVE), and half of the audience from RAW would tune in/go back to WCW.

Ironically, what ended up killing WCW was that they cut/gave up on some guy named "Stunning Steve" of the Hollywood Blondes...who later became this guy:

giphy.gif

The WWE signed him, ratings went WAY up, and they won the Monday Night Wars and Vince bought WCW (moment of silence here please).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Yep, went to crap right then. I used to flip back and forth between them and that was the highlight of every Monday. Then me and a bunch of other guys would each put in $5 for the PPV, get 10-15 people there and that buys the PPV and all the snacks and soda we would run through.

We had a "Trash Day" where people could throw out whatever they wanted and it would get hauled away. Going through a divorce, one guy threw out his wife's furniture (she walked out) so one of our guys had us load it in our trucks and haul it to his place, put it in the barn at his dad's house. So every PPV we would all load them up, take them to whover's house was hosting, and then take them back after the show. Some of the best times of my life.

I remember I was the only one into wrestling on Monday night, but whenever I'd mention the PPVs, my buddies would come running in with a few bucks - we'd crash a dorm room, play WCW v NWO on the N64 (it was the only time we didn't play GoldenEye on that thing) and then we'd get drunk and watch the PPW.

My girlfriend at the time completely hated wrestling, but she was good enough to get me tickets to WrestleMania 17. Little did I know I was watching arguably the best WM ever...

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Same here. Mondays wed have a good dozen people, (In Trinidad, very few could get WWE weekly then). Then PPVs wed have a rack of people. 1 ppv was on my birthday, so hosted at my parents. Bought cables and set the tv and everything up on the beach making it an all day and night event. Those were the best of times, when wrestling was hot.

Nowadays, my 4th grader says nobody at school watches. So he has no interest.

If you ever get the chance to watch the documentary "WCW vs. WWE" or "The rise of the NWO", it's AMAZING!

I'll have to check this out - I've seen the 30 for 30 on Ric Flair and the HBO documentary on Andre the Giant, and I got so nostalgic on it, was some great stuff.

Ironically, what ended up killing WCW was that they cut/gave up on some guy named "Stunning Steve" of the Hollywood Blondes...who later became this guy

C'mon now, I'm from Texas - about a 30 minute drive from Victoria. We all knew the Rattlesnake. Austin was a demi-God out here. WM17 was a total pro-Austin crowd, and that was during The Rock's peak... it wasn't until Vince interfered that we all went "Huh!?"

"You could read your Bible, you could read John 3:16 - Austin 3:16 says, I just whipped yer ***!"

19 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You get paid on a Tuesday?

giphy.gif

I get paid every other Wednesday... lol

But sometimes the money is in on Tuesday. Wife gets paid 15th/30th

my last job was monthly, wasn’t that cool

Edited by domepatrol91

3 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I remember I was the only one into wrestling on Monday night, but whenever I'd mention the PPVs, my buddies would come running in with a few bucks - we'd crash a dorm room, play WCW v NWO on the N64 (it was the only time we didn't play GoldenEye on that thing) and then we'd get drunk and watch the PPW.

My girlfriend at the time completely hated wrestling, but she was good enough to get me tickets to WrestleMania 17. Little did I know I was watching arguably the best WM ever...

I remember all of the middle school/high school debates over who would win, Stone Cold or Goldberg. Basically, it turned into a pseudo WCW vs. WWE fan arguing point. To this day, no one will convince me that Goldberg, in his prime, wouldn't have given Stone Cold the Jackhammer. Granted, STING would beat both of them anyway.

• Like 1