Khalil Mack

pnies20

I’d give up our 2019 first and 2019 patriots pick in the third and a 2020 2nd 

That should get the deal done we still gotta pay the man. 

But he’s younger than people think and the type of player with our DBs now that would be unreal across from Garret. 

I don’t think it’s going to happen but I’d love it to 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’d personally rather keep our 1sts for awhile until we’re a Mack away from contending. I’d prefer to go LT or if there’s none worthy one of the stud d-linemen. 

What are you talking about! Having a guy like Mack to go with Garrett makes the browns a contender. He would make that defense scary good and would take even more pressure off the LBs and the secondary. People had the Browns as a dark horse top5 defense. With Mack, they could be a top3 defense. You add in the vets on offense, Tyrod isn’t going to cost the team games or put that defense in bad positions.

this is the perfect time for a Mack type player because there is no franchise QB contract and no extension for Garrett yet. 

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well the franchise tag will still probably be close to 20 with the average of the top 3 at that position. You also have a chance at angering Garrett. I wouldn't be opposed to Mack but I think you have to look at future financial plans very carefully and make his contract movable after 3 years.

Why would this anger Garrett? It would make his life so much easier. 

While we aren't going to be touched in the no-no spot by the Raiders, we're also not getting Mack for pennies. I really don't think they trade him. If they do, we are losing our 1st round draft pick for sure. And probably a 3rd at the very least on top of that.

I don't know if I like that idea, but I'd probably pull the trigger and pray Mack doesn't have a sharp decline in his 30's. Mack was my favorite player in the draft in 2014 (whatever year we took freaking Gilbert) and I'd love to get him here in Cleveland. It's going to cost a lot, but I'd probably do it just for the sheer lol's of teams trying to block Mack and Garrett.

10 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Maybe we would be crazy to get him?

If we do get him we are buying a bad contract. 

Make him the highest paid defensive player for 4 years with opt out after 3rd. For a chance to be contenders ? He’s arguable the best pure DE/OLB in the game. 

9 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Make him the highest paid defensive player for 4 years with opt out after 3rd. For a chance to be contenders ? He’s arguable the best pure DE/OLB in the game. 

We can't really afford him unless we pay 50% of his salary for next year this year.

Over the cap has with 20 million in cpa next year. 

It mortgages us to both Baker and Khalil, no chance to resign Tyrod. 

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

We can't really afford him unless we pay 50% of his salary for next year this year.

Over the cap has with 20 million in cpa next year. 

It mortgages us to both Baker and Khalil, no chance to resign Tyrod. 

Why would you resign Tyrod?

If you have a chance to get a DPOY level player, you move heaven and earth. And hell too, if need be.

The big question comes down to what do we value Emmanuel ogbah as as far as financials are concerned. Is he a 4 years 40 million dollar guy or do his representative see him getting extended five years for 70 mil or something like that? I'm sure our front office has a good idea, as he'd likely need an extension after this year.

As much as we would be buying Khalil Mack's huge contract, just one year later most likely would be a year we would be shelling out for another defensive end. I'm assuming Ogbah would have to be of interest to the Raiders to make this trade happen, and it would also have to be okay with our front office to get rid of Oklahoma in order to get Khalil Mack.

Also, we have to get down to the bottom of Jabrill Peppers is actual talent. Lol but it seems like some go as far to say that we should cut him and others think he's going to turn into Charles Woodson version 2.0., most being closer to the former. Does he have a ton of upside or is he truly worse than Derrick Kindred? If the Raiders truly love him and we don't, then of course I hope we leverage that as part of the trade.

1 minute ago, ditchdigger said:

Why would you resign Tyrod?

If you have a chance to get a DPOY level player, you move heaven and earth. And hell too, if need be.

Depends how he plays. 

I just don't like being tied to a guy with that much cap, Id rather a combination of players. 

@NudeTayne

i think ogbah has to be a part of the trade. 
Ogbah probably isn't far behind Khalil as a run defender and, but is much worse as a pass rusher. including him in the trade replaces part of Mack for Oakland and frees up cap here. 

If we got Mack, it would eat so much into our cap we would have to get rid of either Collins or Randall in 2019. 

Archived