Khalil Mack

pnies20

I mean, I'm not sure what there is to think about. You trade Emmanuel Ogbah, a young and capable DE, who is below average as a pass rusher with potential to be average/slightly above average, and great against the run, for a 27 year old who is Top 2 in the entire NFL of all defensive linemen (maybe players), elite against the pass as either a LB or a DE, towards the top/at the top in the NFL against the run, and you pair him with Myles Garrett. You then trade a mid level first round pick, who is more likely to turn out to be Corey Coleman/Phil Taylor than a superstar. I'd take the "guarantee" elite player barring injuries and have bookend DE's for a long time. Do you know what we could do on defense with a pass rush like that? I mean...WOW. You could do exactly what JAX did last year.

I’m not necessarily down on Ogbah but LOL at those saying they wouldn’t trade him and a 1 for Khalil Mack. I don’t know what else to say there.

With that said, the Raiders won’t be foolish enough to part that easily. The Saints gave up a 1 to move up like 12 spots for Marcus Davenport.

7 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m not necessarily down on Ogbah but LOL at those saying they wouldn’t trade him and a 1 for Khalil Mack. I don’t know what else to say there.

With that said, the Raiders won’t be foolish enough to part that easily. The Saints gave up a 1 to move up like 12 spots for Marcus Davenport.

I think Ogbah, a 1, and a 3 is very realistic and may get it done. The Browns won't do it, but I would. I'd gladly trade an average NFL DE, Corey Coleman Jr., and Travis Wilson Jr. for Khalil Mack.

That's what we're probably looking at.

12 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If we added Mack I wouldn’t mind seeing ogbah at OLB. He’s big and athletic enough to guard TEs which has been our biggest weakness for a long time. 

No way in hell he could cover TEs. He get destroyed by any TE who could run good routes because Ogbah doesn’t have the hips to cover them. Any good OC who would see that match up would need to tel the QBs to audible to moving the TE backside one on one with Ogbah. No you greatly exposed your coverage or your now very limited. 

15 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Question is what’s more valuable to them a first and a good young player or a first and another first That potentially could be in the 20s. He browns pick this year could be 10-20 but the following year could be higher because of a more experienced offense and defense and a baker Mayfield as the QB. Might want to take the first and the starter. 

44 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Question is what’s more valuable to them a first and a good young player or a first and another first That potentially could be in the 20s. He browns pick this year could be 10-20 but the following year could be higher because of a more experienced offense and defense and a baker Mayfield as the QB. Might want to take the first and the starter. 

I’ll take the best pass rusher in the league without thinking about it, even in the scenario you posed. To each his own though. Bird in the hand, for me. 

I think this is all fun, unrealistic speculation though.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

No way in hell he could cover TEs. He get destroyed by any TE who could run good routes because Ogbah doesn’t have the hips to cover them. Any good OC who would see that match up would need to tel the QBs to audible to moving the TE backside one on one with Ogbah. No you greatly exposed your coverage or your now very limited. 

Yeah, he’s a DE, I don’t see a LB at all. 

Dude’s probably 285.

He didn’t work as a 3-4 OLB, no way in hell he’s playing SAM in a 4-3.

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

I’ll take the best pass rusher in the league without thinking about it, even in the scenario you posed. To each his own though. Bird in the hand, for me. 

I think this is all fun, unrealistic speculation though.

I was talking about If your the raiders do you want two first rd picks or a first Rd pick and solid young starter. 

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If we added Mack I wouldn’t mind seeing ogbah at OLB. He’s big and athletic enough to guard TEs which has been our biggest weakness for a long time. 

???? This is one of the dumbest suggestions I've seen. Not calling you dumb, but there is no way we would ever consider that. Ogbah is fast, but he's stiff. He's closer to 280. The chances of him covering TE's are slim to none. If he moves from DE, it would be to DT, which is also dumb. Ogbah is purely a DE. If we ran a 3-4, he would be a 3-4 DE, not a 3-4 OLB. He has no chance of being our TE match guy.

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

???? This is one of the dumbest suggestions I've seen. Not calling you dumb, but there is no way we would ever consider that. Ogbah is fast, but he's stiff. He's closer to 280. The chances of him covering TE's are slim to none. If he moves from DE, it would be to DT, which is also dumb. Ogbah is purely a DE. If we ran a 3-4, he would be a 3-4 DE, not a 3-4 OLB. He has no chance of being our TE match guy.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to rotate him in at 3T on passing downs.

Archived