Path to 53 - Tracking All Redskins Cuts

Slappy Mc

12 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

so basically, we cut lanier and signed a guy we hope that can be as good as lanier. lanier had 5 sacks in 7 games last year. really STUPID MOVE!!!

IF Lanier was in fact hurt and if they are putting him on IR (assuming he clears waivers), then it won't be that bad of a move. In this case, this is what they were required to do by the CBA since Lanier didn't have four years of experience.

Only real question is: if this is the case, why not keep Phil Taylor? Taylor at least knows the playbook; Brantley doesn't.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

IF Lanier was in fact hurt and if they are putting him on IR (assuming he clears waivers), then it won't be that bad of a move. In this case, this is what they were required to do by the CBA since Lanier didn't have four years of experience.

Only real question is: if this is the case, why not keep Phil Taylor? Taylor at least knows the playbook; Brantley doesn't.

Phil Taylor is just a Nose, we have Payne and Settle who can play Nose, also Ziggy if we need him too 

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’m with you A Train I am very curious what Jay can do with Nic Shimonek. I liked him in college and think he can be a good QB in the NFL. 

Shimonek has much more upside and arm talent than Kevin Hogan, but probably not as polished as a pro. Still interested to see how it goes.

2 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

How so? Has Phil Taylor even seen the field in Burgundy and Gold? Hood is serviceable....

The best ability is availability. 

:D

Just now, MKnight82 said:

When he’s not in the trainers room.

And when we were discussing him previously, I acknowledged that Taylor is a high injury risk. However, he was much more disruptive (admittedly in preseason) than Hood has ever been.

Well guys after reading about the final roster,I feel pretty good about our team,My only real disappointments are the failure to improve at LG and the injury to Guice.If we are lucky we can get a serviceable season from Peterson.On a side note is the fantasy league going to happen this year or is that over?

32 minutes ago, TKellion said:

Well guys after reading about the final roster, I feel pretty good about our team. My only real disappointments are the failure to improve at LG and the injury to Guice. If we are lucky we can get a serviceable season from Peterson. On a side note is the fantasy league going to happen this year or is that over?

Big miss by the front office to not upgrade at LG. You could've at least had some camp competition outside of Arie Kouandjio.

11 hours ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Big miss by the front office to not upgrade at LG. You could've at least had some camp competition outside of Arie Kouandjio.

Starting to think the reason they think  Lauvao is good,they never bring in anyone,even decent to compete with him

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Starting to think the reason they think  Lauvao is good,they never bring in anyone,even decent to compete with him

16 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I can’t remember where, but I read an article that said, the team understood the need to upgrade the LG position but the options and talent for those options just weren’t there.

If he's on the field, he's adequate as a NFL starter. Problem is that he has never started a full sixteen game slate for Washington and has missed 22 starts over the past three years.

So, even if they though there was no one to bring in to compete with Lauvao, they should have been accounting for the fact that he will likely miss significant time. Thus, having a barren wasteland as backup options was foolhardy in the extreme. If nothing else, they should have had the line locked down so their investment in Alex Smith isn't damaged/ruined.

Roster thoughts

Sorry to see Lanier not work out. I pictured him as the second coming of jumpy geathers as a inside pass rusher. Maybe we can IR him as he does need more improvement playing run defense. 

The roster is set and surprised Dunn made it although I’ve liked him at center in college. 

We are weak at OLB and of course backup ol lineman 

hood? Biggers must’ve given those pictures he had to Ziggy- no other explanation for him to be on roster

Let’s get to the real games and get a week 1 win

Archived