Path to 53 - Tracking All Redskins Cuts

Slappy Mc

55 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

yeah but ziggy can play other positions than nose, i would of tather gotten rid of ziggy for brantley but oh well

Again, Lanier was waived with injury (i.e. the Redskins were putting him on IR, but had to expose him to waivers first). If you look at https://www.redskins.com/team/players-roster/, you will see that Lanier is now listed under "Reserved/Injured." I think because he was put on IR after the cutdown day that he may be eligible to return in eight weeks, should the Redskins decide to use their return designation. However, don't hold me to that.

Lanier-This is still murky to me . Since he was on the 53 after cutdowns , the rule as I understand is --he can be put directly on I R.

He is a non-vested veteran ( less than 4 years ) so if he's cut BEFORE the 53 and he is injured-then he has to be waived/ injured and if not claimed can be paid a settlement or can revert to I R. 

Again , since he was on the 53-- I don't understand why he wasn't put directly on I R ..IF.. it is their intent to keep him. Otherwise-I'd expect him to be released when healthy !

23 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Lanier-This is still murky to me . Since he was on the 53 after cutdowns , the rule as I understand is --he can be put directly on I R.

He is a non-vested veteran ( less than 4 years ) so if he's cut BEFORE the 53 and he is injured-then he has to be waived/ injured and if not claimed can be paid a settlement or can revert to I R. 

Again , since he was on the 53-- I don't understand why he wasn't put directly on I R ..IF.. it is their intent to keep him. Otherwise-I'd expect him to be released when healthy !

Like I said, if you look at the roster page, you'll see he's listed under their "Reserved/Injured" table. So maybe the NFL considers the lead up to the season start as still part of the "building the final 53" time since so many players are in flux?

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Jehu Chesson and JP Holtz signed to practice squad. Sounds like Bibbs is gone -not sure but he wasn't at practice.

Update-Bibbs is sick. Also, we signed LB Josh Keyes .

So we cut Spaight for a LBer that’s already been cut by 4 other teams?

53 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I like keeping JP Holtz around for the next head coach. If he could continue to develop into an effective lead blocker with some pass-catching skills, he could add a little new dimension to the offense for the next head coach

FTFY. Planning for the future is a good idea though.

Archived