Packers Roster Cuts

Packerraymond

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am kind of wondering if McCray will be the 4th tackle option.

I am not sure any of the potential backups there did any better than McCray did last year, and McCray was playing against real defenses.

Seems  like we have good depth in the interior, so keeping guys like Day/Patrick may make McCray available to the tackle spot if necessary.  Not ideal, but that may be where we are at for the time being until a better option comes along.

He played better than Murphy and Bell did this PS.  Still, don't you think Pankey looked serviceable in pass pro at RT?  I was impressed with his feet, patience and his ability to get to the 2nd level on screens.

I thought we could get by with 8 OL with Patrick, Spriggs and Pankey as the primary backups.

1 minute ago, Cheech said:

He played better than Murphy and Bell did this PS.  Still, don't you think Pankey looked serviceable in pass pro at RT?  I was impressed with his feet, patience and his ability to get to the 2nd level on screens.

I thought we could get by with 8 OL with Patrick, Spriggs and Pankey as the primary backups.

I think Pankey goes to the practice squad.  If they lose Bulaga and Bahktiari they finish the game with Spriggs and McCray, then activate Pankey for the next game maybe?

Hard to say.  He looked so bad at guard that his only spot is tackle, and they seem to value the ability to play multiple positions for the back ups.

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I think Pankey goes to the practice squad.  If they lose Bulaga and Bahktiari they finish the game with Spriggs and McCray, then activate Pankey for the next game maybe?

Hard to say.  He looked so bad at guard that his only spot is tackle, and they seem to value the ability to play multiple positions for the back ups.

Agree.

In the same breath, Bell looked as bad at tackle as Pankey did at guard.  Patrick would likely be the first option on the interior and Pankey would only have to play there if 2 IOL were hurt.  Could bring in Day from the PS after as well.

Archived