Motor City MoJo: Detroit Lion updates

SteelKing728

8 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

Hmmm...Peoples-Jones has been pretty effective for Cleveland. Seems like they didn't get much value for him.

He has 8 receptions for 97 yards this season. He was decent last season, but I'm not at all surprised they could only get that for him.

• 2 weeks later...

There are very few people in NFL media that I like less than Florio.  If Campbell leaves Detroit that would be great, but I am not sure why someone in the national NFL media should be trying to push for that outcome.  Florio's continual pushing of his personal goals is unfortunate.

I used to like NFLTalk, and read PFT for sometime after Florio started it up after leaving NFLTalk, but I go out of my way to avoid PFT content nowadays.

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

There are very people in NFL media that I like less than Florio.  If Campbell leaves Detroit that would be great, but I am not sure why someone in the national NFL media should be trying to push for that outcome.  Florio's continual pushing of his personal goals is unfortunate.

I used to like NFLTalk, and read PFT for sometime after Florio started it up after leaving NFLTalk, but I go out of my way to avoid PFT content nowadays.

Actually, pretty much all sports media, based on talk and opinion, with so-called experts and sports journalists, is a waste of time. 

Edited by Captain Relax
  • Like 2

After a rough game on Sunday, the Lions’ defense is bringing in reinforcements.

Veteran pass rusher Bruce Irvin has agreed to sign with the Lions’ practice squad, his agent told Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.

The Lions’ pass rush struggled mightily against Justin Herbert and the Chargers on Sunday, failing to sack him during a 41-38 Lions victory. They’ll hope that Irvin can get up to speed and be called up from the practice squad to the active roster to provide some pass rushing depth for a playoff run.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/lions-to-sign-pass-rusher-bruce-irvin

13 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Detroit Lions star WR Amon-Ra St. Brown will be featured in the sequel to Netflix's 'Quarterback' series.

A lot of NFL QBs declined offers to appear in the second season of the show, so Netflix appears to be pivoting to other positions.

Via Detroit News reporter Justin Rogers.

I don’t understand the hesitance, other than trying to maintain your personal privacy (which is a big deal). The show did wonders for Kirk and Mahomes’ images (and Britney Mahomes’ too, in my opinion). I also didn’t think Mariota came off poorly. Seems like a great opportunity to build a brand. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I hope the Lions never get rid of Dan Campbell. He’s a dolt. Players play hard and do enough to win games, and then it feels like he’s money on it in Vegas and does the dumbest thing at the worst time. The Lions are winning games in spite of Campbell. They’re losing them because of Campbell. And they will continue to as long as he’s their coach. 

• Like 1